MRA touring screen

Everything about the accessories

Topic author
belfastsam

MRA touring screen

Beitrag von belfastsam »

Hello.
Can anyone tell me if the MRA touring screen causes any buffeting around the riders head. I have had problems with a tall screen on a Fazer before. Although it took away the wind blast to the chest it caused an unbearable buffeting noise around my helmet.

Axman
Vorname: Axel

Beitrag von Axman »

Good morning Sam,

this "buffeting" caused by higher screen doesn´t always occur. There are many variables (hight, angle, speed, Helmet etc..) that can cause this. That is why MRA has a "Vario-Screen" in their model-range. The smaller, superimposed screen is movable, so you can adapt it to your needs. I always use this screen when travelling on the Autobahn or when the weather is really bad (look at my "Album") I´m completely satisfied with the performance of this screen..it does everything MRA promises..if not with the looks.. :? Depending on your size it keeps rain and isects off your visor, diminishes wind-pressure considerably and enables me to ride much longer at higher speeds :cool:
When riding around town (or the countryside)I switch back to the "Sport-Screen" from "Ride-In" (www.ride-in.de) but that´s only because it looks better :o

By the way, when switching screens pay attention to the little screws...they are made of plastic (!) strip in seconds and cost a fortune.. I changed them for aluminum-screws with plastic spacers from POLO

Regards

Axman
...es ist ein Zeichen von Intelligenz seine Grenzen zu kennen..

Topic author
belfastsam

Beitrag von belfastsam »

Thanks Axel.I was hoping you would say that. It looks an excellent screen. I will let you know how I get on.

Mick P

Beitrag von Mick P »

Hi Sam

ive got MRA screen my self and i like it it stays on all the time only because i am to lazy to change it :lol:

had no problem with buffeting and had it two years now and when i saw Axman screws on his screen i changed mine, no more plastic ones.

Regards Mick

Topic author
belfastsam

Beitrag von belfastsam »

Thanks Mick. Im going to treat myself and get one at Christmes.

Axman

Beitrag von Axman »

Hi Sam,

but remember, you can get the "MRA-Screen" with ("Vario-Screen") or without ("Touring-Screen) the movable part!! So choose well.. :wink:

Regards, Axman

Topic author
belfastsam

Beitrag von belfastsam »

Hello again. Axel/Mick its not inmortant but Im curious. Do the taller screens affect your passenger at all?

Axman

Beitrag von Axman »

Hi Sam,

I haven´t got a clue as I ride alone 99% of the time...sorry

Axman

Doggerla
Vorname: Manni

Beitrag von Doggerla »

Hello Sam,

I would say it depends on the shape of yourself & your passenger. Tiny ladies combined with big guys enjoy the slipstream of the rider. The combination tiny rider & big mama would need something else as wind shield :lol: :lol:

Best regards,
Doggerla

Topic author
belfastsam

Beitrag von belfastsam »

Thanks again everyone. Will go and order one and wont ask any more silly questions.

Mick P

Beitrag von Mick P »

Sorry i am a bit late Sam "broadband is playing up" but i didnt see any silly questions

i hope you get on well with the screen.

Regards Mick

Nix

Re: MRA touring screen

Beitrag von Nix »

Got a Vario screen the other week, big improvement over the tiny standard screen. Not perfect (could've been a bit taller IMHO) but I'm 6' 1" ish. Chasing a mate on his Tiger 1050 doing silly speeds made me appreciate it a whole lot more 'cos I was getting neck ache with the standard screen on.

Had a Vario on a Vstrom DL1000 earlier this year and that was just right, cruise at any number you care to dial in without any real discomfort.

Recommended! :-D
Antworten