UK TOURS Episode 2 - LOST IN SPACE

all about bike events and meets

Topic author
John w

UK TOURS Episode 2 - LOST IN SPACE

Beitrag von John w »

UK TOURS Episode 2 - 'LOST IN SPACE’ super.gif

Start and finish point Aylesbury, England.

Dates: 08.30 hrs Friday 25th April 2008 to 16.00hrs Monday 28th April 2008.

Four days of riding from Aylesbury to the west, across Gloucestershire, Brecon Beacons & West Wales to Aberystwyth on the Welsh coast. Returning to Aylesbury via the Elan Valley, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire & Oxfordshire.

It is an undulating course through forests & mountains and scenic areas. There are plenty of opportunities for photographs, coffees, souvenirs, etc, along the way. The tour is about riding, having fun and taking in the views. Quick stops only – no spending hours at tourist attractions – let’s get on those twisty biking roads and enjoy the riding experience!

mopedsmile: mopedsmile: mopedsmile: mopedsmile: mopedsmile: mopedsmile:

This is not a high speed blast so speed freaks need to join another tour! [-X

Tour in brief: :hotsun:
Day 1. Friday 25th April. From Aylesbury to The Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire. Distance 135 miles (217 kms).
Day 2. Saturday 26th April. From The Forest of Dean to Aberystwyth. Distance 141 miles (227 kms).
Day 3. Sunday 27th April. From Aberystwyth to Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire. Distance 152 miles (244 kms).
Day 4. Monday 28th April. From Ross-on-Wye to Aylesbury. Distance 122 miles (196 kms).

Total 550 miles (885 kms)

Accommodation: Good quality, reasonably priced hotels will be used. The average price is £70 (100 Euros) for a twin room including breakfast. Approximately £45 (64 Euros) for singles.

The estimated cost of the tour is £260-£300 (370-427 Euros) per person. That’s £140 (199 Euros) for hotels, £60 (85 Euros) for fuel, £60 (85 Euros) for snacks & evening meals, plus drinks!?

***As the start time is 08.30 hrs on Friday 25th April, the estimated cost includes staying in Aylesbury on 24th plus the following three nights. All times, costs, distances are estimated and subject to change due to external factors.

ALL RIDERS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR BOOKING THEIR OWN HOTEL ROOMS. (As I don’t want to pay for people who fail turn up!) Full details/links will be supplied via e-mail to those seriously considering taking part.

It sounds like a recipe for fun. And don’t forget ~ getting lost is part of the fun! :stoopyd: Be ready to laugh a lot! :lamo:

Interested? E-mail me or send a PM.

John W
:cooool:

Topic author
John w

Beitrag von John w »

Hi All,

Just a reminder...

The UK TOUR 2008 - Friday 25th April to Monday 28th April inclusive.
Start Aylesbury - finish Aylesbury. An interestingly twisty trip to West Wales and back through beautiful, scenic countryside. Some of the best biking roads in the UK.

Interested? You know you are - so go ahead and do it!

If you would like to join the tour - or part of it, e-mail me for further details. It's all planned so you don't have to worry about anything! Just turn up and ride...

Cheers John W :tongue3:

Topic author
John w

Beitrag von John w »

HEY! Only 5 weeks to go! :-k Maybe it's not too late to join in...? See where we are going...!

Just look at those roads...!

And the mountains...!

Biking Heaven :angel7:

You know you want to do it!

John W :firestarter:

The 'magic roundabout' yes, it's on the tour - biking *! :twisted:
Dateianhänge
swindon.jpg
Tal_y_llyn_lake.jpg
Trans%20Wales%20Trails%205%20big%20pic.jpg
tallships.jpg
clopton-bridge-river-avon-stratford-upon-avon.jpg
yr_eifl_01.jpg
yr_eifl_02.jpg
2218.jpg

WullDee
Vorname: Waldi
Beitrag von WullDee »

Hi John!
Again, I'm very sorry for saying that, but currently I'm very low on monetary means.
Additionally, not enough vacation days are left for that.
And last but not least, the children would be unattended - and this may result in buying a new home.

But maybe sometime, I will find my way to England ... hopefully soon!

Looking forward to seeing you in Lichtenau.
Just have seen that this time the sonic wall of four british Bulldogs has been broken - respect!
Die linke Hand zum Gruß,
Waldi

Bild

YouTube ...... https://www.youtube.com/user/WullDee
Instagram ... https://www.instagram.com/wull_dee/

Topic author
John w

Beitrag von John w »

Hi! :P

For anyone interested - a few pics of the tour on the link;

http://www.bikepics.com/members/johnwbu ... /personal/

Only 3 Bulldogs. We got lost a few times. The weather was VERY BAD on day 4.

A good time was had by all :-D :-D :-D

Cheers ~ John W :king:
Antworten