Greetings From The UK

Topic author
jonny teabag

Greetings From The UK

Beitrag von jonny teabag »

Hi everyone in Bulldog Land :lol:
Well I've taken the plunge and bought a 05 Anvil red beauty with just 1500 miles on her!
What a lovely looking machine! She's been registered in 06 and is 1 year old in July
I first had a test ride in summer 02 but couldn't get a good deal on my then current bike (mint Triumph 900 Trident)so i traded for my third Triumph.
Then i read the UK tests :shock: and i wondered if they were riding the same bike i had test ridden.
All these years I've wondered how the UK press could unanimously hate a particular model, but i never met a Bulldog owner to ask their opinion!..... Until 3 weeks ago at Dun Laoghaire in Ireland when i had a long chat to a Bulldog owner, well that sealed it for me!
Got back home and started looking for new Bulldogs.. only to find that they've stopped sending 'em to the UK :roll: So i found a few unsold models (surprise, surprise!)stuck in dealers around the UK, but whilst browsing the interweb I found a surprising number of low mileage secondhand examples around so I narrowed it down to a likely bike at Tamworth Yamaha. So as from Thursday I am now the proud owner of the above machine. I'll be popping in these boards to enquire about any mods, accessories etc from time to time so be prepared for lots of questions :roll:

Ride safe everyone
Jonny Teabag

Lukka
Vorname: Lothar

Beitrag von Lukka »

Hi Jonny, :)

welcome in this world greatest forum.

best regards LUKKA :cool:

Blubber
Vorname: Ralf

Beitrag von Blubber »

Good morning to Jonny on the Island.
It was a wise decision to buy this bike and entering the BOC community.

Have fun here and on the road.

All the best

Blubber
Meine Meinung steht fest - bitte verwirren Sie mich nicht
mit Tatsachen !

WullDee
Vorname: Waldi
Beitrag von WullDee »

Hi Jonny,
greetings from Lower Saxony and welcome to the BOC.
You'll see, this is a good source for discussing problems, getting tipps and meeting nice people.

Keep your head up!
Die linke Hand zum Gruß,
Waldi

Bild

YouTube ...... https://www.youtube.com/user/WullDee
Instagram ... https://www.instagram.com/wull_dee/

Axman
Vorname: Axel

Beitrag von Axman »

Good Morning Jonny,

Congrats for buying the most underestimated Bike around and welcome to a very interesting forum..as you´ll see :wink: ..

Most of us got a very similar story of how they got to become a dog-owner..

Here in Germany, where you could get the impression that only power - the more the better - counts, and the Press suggests that you are only a proper "biker" if your mount has at least 150 hp (except, naturally, if you ride a Harley..but that´s a totally different story.. :-D :-D ) the Bulldog was once tested and soon forgotten.. :shock:

Except by us... :cool: This forum has about 900 (!) members but only about 250 "active" ones..the rest only read and I even doubt that they ride a Bulldog..but anyway, at the " 4th International Bulldog Meeting" last month in the Black Forrest, we had an attendance of over 150 Bulldogs coming from as far as Finland, Belgium, France. the Netherlands and of course GB (a few Germans were there too.. :wink: )...and there you could see what we like to do most: modify the Bulldog to our own standards of power, performance and looks... there probably wasn´t one Bulldog "as delivered" :shock: :o ( to avoid the dumb questions at the bike-meet "oh isn´t this the bike with only 65 hp ??" I even purged all Yamaha signs from my bike and substituted them for "Belgarda" signs...as you probably know, all Bulldogs are built in Italy by Belgarda..so, that really confuses them.. :twisted: :-D )

So, to get a first impression, start by browsing trough the "Album" button of the different threads and you´ll have a few surprises coming.. :cool:

And should you then still have questions, feel free to ask..

regards

from the Axman

John w

Beitrag von John w »

Hi Jonni Teabag!

Welcome to the world of the Bulldog!:-D I'm a UK Bulldog rider from Hereford.
You will find a lot more activity here than on the most popular GB forum at www.eboards4all.com/240386/
Another one to check out is www.bt1100bulldog.eu/ (You have to sign up to this one as you did with the German forum.)
There are afew of us who are more active and don't mind putting miles on our bikes. It would be good if you could join us on a tour sometime (the next one looks like it will be in September - see the GB forum).

Enjoy your Bulldog welcomeani.gif

John w

hotdog
Vorname: Klaas

Beitrag von hotdog »

Moi Jonny Teabag,
Welcome in the world of Bull madness. bita.gif

"SEE YOU"

Hotdog
"1 Zylinder ist eine zu wenig von daher 2"

Topic author
jonny teabag

:) Thanks to all for the kind replies. I tend to put around 5000 miles a year on my bikes and have travelled to Germany in 05 & 06 but decided to go to Ireland in 07 but I'll definitely be visiting Germany possibly 08. Next year is a family holiday back to Ireland where the roads are very poor for biking but the scenery and people are fantastic. I enjoyed Ireland so much travelling on my own that I promised I would take my family in the car next year!

I would like to travel to an International Meet but next year looks a little difficult to get the time off to go on my bike.

I always seem to like "different" motorcycles and do not generally follow the pack. As a result I always buy bikes that are a sales disaster (in the UK)i.e. Kawasaki KR1, Suzuki VX800, Buell XB12R and now the BullHog - as my friend likes to call it as he thinks it looks just like a Harley :roll: I'm dying to ask a few questions on de-restricting the carbs but do I post here or in the technical forums. I have looked at the most popular accessories and intend to buy things like the front mudguard extender and possibly the rear hugger. If anyone could give advice on how much postage costs these things will be I would be glad to hear any comments.

To all UK BullHoggers I am located between Burnley and Skipton so if anyone is near speak up and we can meet up some time.

Kind regards.
JT :wink:

Axman
Vorname: Axel

Beitrag von Axman »

Hi again,

as I already said before, if you´ve got questions...fire away.

The best would be to make a list of what you want to know and we´ll find someone who can answer to that.

So..speak up.. :wink:

Greets

from the Axman

Mick P

Beitrag von Mick P »

Hi Jonny Teabag

Welcome to the club I don't know what type of tablets we are taking but they have a magnetic attraction to the Bulldog. :shock:
just got back from the 4 international with John W and the twins Dave & Dave (only by name) :wink: (one of them has really fallen in love with his Belgrada :oops:) by the way we beet the UK record 4 of us went and as usual what a time we had we met some old friends and made some new ones and hopefully we can catch up with the ones we missed very soon :cry:
looking forward to the next time :lol:

Like Axman says ask them questions and hope to meet up soon.

Best wishes Mick P

Topic author
jonny teabag

Hi Mick & John if your ever up in my neck of the woods, throw me a PM & I'll be glad to take you round my patch- Yorkshire dales( no speed cameras-yet!) Lake District North York Moors, Trough of Bowland etc You get the picture Its a BIG area with no towns or heavy traffic to deal with.
Maybe see you soon!!
JT

Mick P

Beitrag von Mick P »

Might well take you up on that JT will be in touch

Best wishes Mick

John w

Beitrag von John w »

Thanks JT, :thumbup:

Maybe a good area for the next UK Tour in '08? Sounds like biking heaven! :angel7:

Cheers ~ John W

Topic author
jonny teabag

Hi guys! If anyone wants to make a small tour round my area(perhaps a weekend)just make a suggestion of a location & i will find out about cheap B&Bs on route.
Just a thought
See Ya JT :wink:

sully22252

Beitrag von sully22252 »

Hi Jonny

So you're the guy who beat me to it for the Anvil Red one at Tamworth. I rang them a day too late, but as Skellerns in Worcester had a new one in Red I rang them as well, only to find that it had also gone the day before. Next was Bill Smiths in Chester and I am pleased to say that I picked up a new blue and silver one there on about the only dry sunny day there has been this last month and rode it back home to Cornwall. Lovely trip down through Wales and it made me remember just how much fun the Bulldog is.

This is my second, I had a new one in 2002 and always regretted parting with it but at the time it didn't seem an appropriate bike for doing long distance touring on, but with hindsight I think it is as capable as any I have used. In fact, having owned probably 50+ bikes the Bulldog is the first one I have come back for a second dose of.

I've already kitted it out with an NWS hugger, and SW-Motech centre stand and alu-rack, and I'd recommend those bits to anyone. The design, quality and finish of the SW-Motech is outstanding.

I've only joined this site today, but already it looks to be the only one worth joining if you have a Bulldog.

Cheers

Chris
Antworten