The South of England Tour 2007 - Full Details

all about bike events and meets

Topic author
John w

The South of England Tour 2007 - Full Details

Beitrag von John w »

Hi Everyone,

Here are the details of the tour. Please e-mail me if you are joining in as I need to keep control of things! :-D
***Deadline for booking hotels is 14 March 07 as they will not hold rooms after this date without a confirmation.

‘THE SOUTH OF ENGLAND TOUR 2007’ 26-30 April 2007

The route used for this tour avoids motorways/highways except for a few miles here and there. There will be plenty of time to stop for coffees, photographs, etc, and there are many interesting things to see along the way. All parking is off road.

DAY 1 – Thursday 26 April
Afternoon/evening arrival at Croft Hotel, Kennington, Ashford for the night. B&B £50/€76 single. £68/€103 to £78/€119 twin or double (that’s for 2 people & 2 breakfasts). First to book gets the lower prices!

DAY 2 – Friday 27 April
From Ashford ride across the south coast road via Hastings, Brighton, Chichester. West across the New Forest National Park to Bournemouth. En route it is possible to visit the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu or HMS Victory if riders are interested.
Arrive at Yenton Hotel in Bournemouth for the night. B&B £35/€53 per person. *A £15/€23 deposit is required here. (Problem with bank system/charges? E-mail me and we will sort it out.)

Day 3 – Saturday 28 April
From Bournemouth, ride west visiting Weymouth, Lyme Regis, Exeter and on to Dartmoor National Park. Dartmoor offers a maze of roads and many points of interest.
Arrive at the Highwayman Inn, Dartmoor for the night. This should be an unusual experience in a most unusual inn! B&B £27.50/€42 per person.

Day 4 – Sunday 29 April
From Dartmoor, ride east to Exeter. Continue via Honiton to Salisbury, Winchester and on to the South Downs National Park.
Arrive at the Norfolk Arms Hotel, Arundel for the night. Twin (2 people)£40/€60 Single£60/91€ per person B&B.

Day 5 – Monday 30 April
From Arundel ride east to Haywards Heath, Tunbridge Wells and back to Ashford in time for Euro riders to take an afternoon Eurotunnel crossing.

HOTEL BOOKINGS
All riders must make their own reservations with the hotels. Please mention ‘Bulldog Riders South of England Tour’ when making reservations – use the e-mail addresses below as I have been given special rates for our group. You may pay by card, but at the Highwayman Inn they will take cash or cheque only. Payment is usually taken when checking out.

The Croft Hotel e-mail to info@crofthotel.com

Yenton Hotel e-mail to Sally Maher info@yentonhotel.co.uk

Highwayman Inn e-mail to Sally Thomson info@thehighwaymaninn.net

Norfolk Arms Hotel e-mail to Gillian Parker Norfolk.arms.conference@forestdale.com

Any problems with any bookings or questions please e-mail me - John Westlake wailingminnow@btinternet.com

Good weather and lots of fun included of course! :sunny:

I hope you can come on the tour.

Cheers ~ John w :pimp:
Antworten