impressions after 1300km

Topic author
Tik

impressions after 1300km

Beitrag von Tik »

After driving it daily for almost two weeks, on nice and bad weather, here are some of my impressions:
- lovely bike, sounds and feels as I like it.
- 5.7l/100km is OK with me
- easier to handle than I was expecting to
- still searching for the 6-th gear sometimes, the engine asks for it
- rear wheel loses adherence a little sooner than I was expecting to, meaning on wet asphalt or on heavy rear brake, nothing serious, only to be aware of.

Before buying it, I was in between the Bulldog and the XT660X (a friend of mine has one and I tried it) very nice bike also but for my needs the B is it. Not always when I'm buying a new toy I'm happy after the purchase, this time I am.

All the best to all of you here.

moppedwolf
Labertaschen Moderator
Vorname: Wolf

Re: impressions after 1300km

Beitrag von moppedwolf »

Tik hat geschrieben:- rear wheel loses adherence a little sooner than I was expecting to, meaning on wet asphalt or on heavy rear brake, nothing serious, only to be aware of.
Hi Tik,
which tires are on your Bulldog?
Metzeler Z3 (forget him, very bad tire!)
Dunlop D205 better than the Z3 but less wet-grip.
Next pneu should be the Michelin Pilot Road, then you have best grip on wet + dry roads. :thumbup:

stay healthy :wave:
regards
Wolf
WolfsGruss :wave: Unfall? Früher hatte ich zwei linke Hände, heute eine rechte! :mrgreen:
Cop'n'crashfree season!!![/i] :wink:

Topic author
Tik

Beitrag von Tik »

Metzeler, I shall wear them anyway, then I'll go with Michelin Pilot. Thank's alot.

moppedwolf
Labertaschen Moderator
Vorname: Wolf

Beitrag von moppedwolf »

Hi Tik,
its going fast, 'cause after 4500 km's I had to change my back tire into a second Z3, further 4500 km's I changed front and rear in Pilot Road.
BUT in Ger you cant buy a Z3 anymore because there is none at Metzeler product-program available. :oops: and its better to change only the complete set into another type of tire :roll:

Bye
:wave:
WolfsGruss :wave: Unfall? Früher hatte ich zwei linke Hände, heute eine rechte! :mrgreen:
Cop'n'crashfree season!!![/i] :wink:

Topic author
Tik

Beitrag von Tik »

Seems that skiing and biking comes with a price. My luck is I have have a very good friend in Schweitz close to DE border, so I can buy 'just in time' do not have to keep spare parts on stock.
Re bye.
Antworten