Another Ride to Germany?

all about bike events and meets

Paulchen
Beitrag von Paulchen »

John w hat geschrieben:So far, we have thought about travelling to the Bikerbarn Hotel for Thursday night. Touring Antwerp on Friday. Visiting Paul on Friday night (if that's still Ok Paul? :thumbup: ). On to the Eifeltour for Saturday/Sunday OR meet Axman at the bikerhotel. Return to Dutch/Belgian border area for Sunday night. Go home via the Eurotunnel on Monday.

But it looks like the tour of Antwerp is not a good idea for Friday. Maybe a tour somewhere else in Belgium may be OK?

Any further information will be most helpful. :-k
No problem at all when you come over to my place on Fridaymorning. There are enough places to visit in the suroundings of Arnhem.

Unless Bob can tour us around in a less dangerous envirement.... :roll:
Bob ?
It was me who let the dogs out.... :twisted:

Paulchen
Beitrag von Paulchen »

Axman hat geschrieben:the Eifel ist the region south of Cologne (Köln) more or less..they still don´t have an exact date but I suggested that they should hold the meeting on the Weekend 1st. of October..!

From there it is approximately 100 Km´s here to the Sauerland....so maybe you meet with Paul and Co. (in Belgium or Holland) and then pop over here together..

As soon as I know where exactly the "Eifel-Meeting" takes place, I´ll let you know..ok?
Well, it looks like it's gonna be in "our" weekend. If you want to, you can sign up for this meeting here: meeting.php?mode=detail&id=8&start=0, like I did allready. I also asked for a hotelroom for John and Mick (one dubble-room), allright ?
This will gonna be a great weekend ! Let's all hope for some good wether....

Topic author
John w

Beitrag von John w »

Hi Paul,

Great! Thanks for that! I'm sure Mick will be OK with the arrangements. Which nights have you booked the room for?

Don't worry about the weather - we will leave the rain in the UK! :toothy2:

John

Paulchen
Beitrag von Paulchen »

I have tride to make reservasions for the night of the 1th on the 2th of October. The meeting will be on Sunday the 2th. There's a possibility to book for the night from Sunday to Monday also, if you want. Monday is a national day of cellebration in Germany.
Shall I try to make reservations for the next night too or..... ?

Topic author
John w

Beitrag von John w »

Paul,

We have to be at Calais for 13.00 hrs Monday for the crossing to UK. Where is the hotel in Germany?
How far is it from Calais?
If it is too far to ride on the Monday we will have to leave on Sunday and find somewhere to stay between Germany and Calais. On our last trip we left Hilverenbeek at 07.30 hrs and we had to ride VERY fast to get to Calais on time! [-X
We would like to be a bit closer so we can take it a little easier (don't want speeding fines!). So please don't make the reservations yet!

Cheers ~ John

Topic author
John w

Beitrag von John w »

Paul,

I forgot to ask you if it's still OK to stay at your place on Friday 30.09.05. Don't worry if it is not possible, it's no problem! :oops:
The reservation for the 01.10.05 is OK. The one on the 02.10.05 which may not be.
Thanks for you help. I will wait for your reply before making any more arrangments.

***Bob - it looks like we will have to visit again to do the tour of Antwerp with you. It is a shame that we will not be able to fit it in on this trip. Thank you for your kind offer. Greetz :wink:

John w

Paulchen
Beitrag von Paulchen »

Dear John and Mick,

Ofcourse it's still possible to stay at my place on friday, and you will! You can stay all week, if you want to.
More good news: Tour Belgium with Bob and hopefully some more riders is going on. He wants us to be in Antwerp on Fridaymorning. From there we take a tour through another part of Belgium. Somewere were it is less dangerous then in Antwerp itself. Saterday around noon, we have to be in Köln, at the same place you met Eddie last year (Verteiler-Süd). From there we ride with one or more German riders (I think Eddie will be one of them) to Daun, the Eifel, where wewill meet more riders. In the evening we will enjoy a dinner and ofcourse we will have to dring some beer, if you don't mind. We will stay for the night in a hotel. Sunday is the day of the meeting, a (small) tour will be one of the things to do.
Sundayafternoon we will ride home, like we did in Glauchau.
The costs for the hotel are €43,= pp, incl. breakfast. I have already booked a dubbleroom for you guys. Can I confirm the booking jet ? The hotel asked for it.

Cheers, Paul :cool)

Paulchen
Beitrag von Paulchen »

Here's the reaction from the hotel, I got it this morning (Monday):

Dear Mr. van der Weerd,

We know you today a small single room at the price of 43,00 € as well as Double room at the price of 86,00 € for the overnight accomodation with breakfast for that Stay of 01. up to 02. October 2005 assure.

Your motorcycles can park in our two-wheeler garage free of charge.

I ask you to send me a confirmation, best with fax and your signature. Your email was intercepted of our Firewall, so that the electronic Correspondence in your case so well does not work.

With friendly greetings

Ralf Berlingen
Hotel Zum goldenen Fässchen
Rosenbergstraße 5
54550 Daun
Ruf: 06592/3097, Fax: 8673
Goldfass@aol.com
www.goldfass.de

Disclaimer:This is a computer translation of the original webpage. It is provided for general information only and should not be regarded as complete nor accurate.

Paulchen
Beitrag von Paulchen »

John w hat geschrieben:We have to be at Calais for 13.00 hrs Monday for the crossing to UK. On our last trip we left Hilverenbeek at 07.30 hrs and we had to ride VERY fast to get to Calais on time! [-X
We would like to be a bit closer so we can take it a little easier (don't want speeding fines!).
I hope Bob can find you a (biker-)hotel in Belgium, ofcourse more near Calais then Hilvarenbeek is. Maybe somewere between Antwerp and Brugge ?

Can you Bob ?

Paulchen
Beitrag von Paulchen »

This is where we'll be expected on Fridaymorning (time is still open):
In the bar of Antwerp Docks hotel, Noorderlaan 100, this is oblique compared with the cinema complex Metropolis, on the angle of Groenendaallaan and Noorderlaan, flat beside the Esso station.
He who by means of the autostrade comes, takes on the ring Exit 1 Merksem and then direction follows port, to the following large cross point sees you left the Esso station and is the hotel.

Disclaimer:This is a computer translation of the original webpage. It is provided for general information only and should not be regarded as complete nor accurate.

Topic author
John w

Beitrag von John w »

Hello Paul,

The weekend is looking good! A biker hotel or even a B&B will be OK for Thursday night. Anywhere between Antwerp & Brugge is fine. Maybe we will stay there on our way back on Sunday too? We cannot use the Bikerbarn Hotel near Ostend, as it only opens at the weekends at this time of year. :( Does anyone have any other ideas?
I am pleased that we will be having a tour around Belgium as I have only ever passed through on the main highways.
We should have no problem finding the Antwerp Docks Hotel on Friday, as Mick's sat-nav is very good!
Please go ahead and confirm the hotel booking for Saturday night.
Oh yes, I almost forgot - I really don't mind drinking more German beer :givemebeer:
Let us know the time of the meet-up at the Antwerp Docks Hotel when you find out. Not before 07.00 please!

Cheers ~ John w

Paulchen
Beitrag von Paulchen »

Hi John,

We are looking for a Hotel or B&B for those two nights, can't be to big of a problem to find one. A Belgium member told me you could stay for the first night at his place. I asked him if it was possible for both nights or any other suggestions for a hotel between Antwerp and Brugge.

For Saturday:
We should be around 12.00 o'clock at the distributor cross Cologne South, meeting around 14.00 o'clock at the Café Fahrtwind in Ahrbrück, approx. 15.00 o'clock ride on to Daun (Eifel).

cheers, Paul

Topic author
John w

Beitrag von John w »

Paul,

Great! Only a week to go now. Really looking forward to our trip.
\:D/

Cheers ~ John

Mick P

Beitrag von Mick P »

Hi

Sorry I haven't responded much but I have been very busy at work. Looks like you have done a grand job so far sorting out the weekend and I cant wait to go. I am happy to go with all the arrangements and I think I can manage some German, Dutch or Belgian Beer as well. :notworthy:

John do you want to meet up at the same place?

Many thanks Mick

Topic author
John w

Beitrag von John w »

Hi Mick,

I was getting a bit worried - I thought you had gone into hibernation for the winter! :sleeping:

The weekend's looking like it will be good! Still have to sort out Thursday & Saturday nights yet but that's no problem.

We'll kick off with a fat-boys all-day breakfast-lunch at about Midday at the cafe then?

I hope your sat-nav is well and coming along for the ride! :thumbup:

Cheers ~ John
Antworten