Another Ride to Germany?

all about bike events and meets

Topic author
John w

Beitrag von John w »

Hi Mick & Paul,

I'm back! I read that Axman has been let down by the hotel. I still want to do a trip of some sort!? You too I guess Mick? It would be good to come over to see you Paul, thanks for the invite :-D
We will have a few days to ride/hang around so make some suggestions guys! How about a night at that biker-pub-hotel place in Ostend? The one that Paul found back in June. Maybe it would be a good place to go and who knows, maybe others reading this may want to join in? Can you remember what it was called? The sun and wine in Greece has destroyed many of my brain cells 8-[

Cheers~John w :theartist:

Ad van Eck

Beitrag von Ad van Eck »

John w

You can come to IJsselstein (nearby Utrecht) were we have a meeting around noon on the 18th of September. More details to follow coming weekend.

http://www.bt1100bulldog.nl/index.php?o ... =6&id=5619

About 25 Bulldogs are expected to meet and greet.

Regards
Ad

Topic author
John w

Beitrag von John w »

Hi Ad,

I would love to come to the meet but Mick and I are not travelling over until 29.09.05 and returning to England on 03.10.05. We have booked Eurotunnel crossings for these dates so cannot change them.
If anyone would like to meet up for a chat & a beer during that weekend it would be good.
Paulchen has kindly said we can stay at his place on the 29th but we have a few days to ride around the Netherlands - or anywhere else - as we don't have any plans so far!
Any recommendions for B&B's or guesthouses would be welcomed!

Mick's sat-nav is our trusted guide :notworthy:

Cheers ~ John

Ad van Eck

Beitrag von Ad van Eck »

John,

I will ask around on our Belgium/Dutch site.

The motorcycle-hotel in Belgium was the Motorcycle Loft Hotel (nearby Oostende):
Bild

http://www.grd.be/motorhotel/eng/frame.htm

Regards
Ad

Ad van Eck

Beitrag von Ad van Eck »

Guys
A really nice place to stay is Baton Rouge in Vielsam (Belgium Ardennes). Maken your reservation in advance !
http://www.benhet.be/
The enviroment is very very nice to bika around. If you ask Ben or Hetty, they will tell you were to go!
Have fun!!!
Borrie

Ad van Eck

Beitrag von Ad van Eck »

How about a little tour arround the ports of Antwerp? It will be a pleasure to drive you arround.

Greetz Bob

bob.heynderickx@skynet.be

Judass

Beitrag von Judass »

Hello guys,

I invite you to come to Antwerp, I will take you on a tour in the port of Antwerp, about 90km. During the weekend it is fun to drive on the deserted roads overhere.
Plenty hotels and bars....

Hope to see you,

Bob

Axman
Vorname: Axel

Beitrag von Axman »

Hi John & Friends,

guess what....I´ve got three rooms (for at least six persons !!) at a very nice Bike-Hotel from the 1st. of October onwards, here, where were to hold the Meeting in the first place !!!

I was so * (excuse me) about the letdown of the other hotel - and let everybody know about it - that I now got the offer of these three rooms..!!!

So guys, let me know soonest if you are coming - or staying in Belgium - Paulchen and Ad..That means you too....so that I can finish the arrangements ...

I´m waiting....

Axman
...es ist ein Zeichen von Intelligenz seine Grenzen zu kennen..

Paulchen
Beitrag von Paulchen »

Well, I'm a little bit dissapointed about the fact, that we will have a "end of the season-meeting" with about 6 Bulldog-owners. And I have to say, I'm not such big organizer myself, to be honnest....

How about joining the Eifeltour viewtopic.php?t=3174 as an "end of the season-meeting" for this year ?
In that way we will meet more of our members, don't you think ? And Eddie is more or less the organizer of that meeting, he will be (hopefully) pleased to meet us. Can't be that difficult to find a hotel in the Eifel....
It was me who let the dogs out.... :twisted:

Paulchen
Beitrag von Paulchen »

Judass hat geschrieben: I invite you to come to Antwerp, I will take you on a tour in the port of Antwerp, about 90km. During the weekend it is fun to drive on the deserted roads overhere.
Plenty hotels and bars....
Hi Bob,

I like your idea of traveling around in the port of Antwerp. I Hope it's also possible on Friday, because the original plan is still going to the "end of the season-meeting" in Germany on Saterday and Sunday. Strangly enough it has never been a topic on the German site, but maybe we can join the Eifel-tour that weekend....

I will join your Antwerp tour with pleasure !

Hope to see you there and in IJsselstein, Paul

Paulchen
Beitrag von Paulchen »

Axman hat geschrieben: guess what....I´ve got three rooms (for at least six persons !!) at a very nice Bike-Hotel from the 1st. of October onwards, here, where were to hold the Meeting in the first place !!!

I was so * (excuse me) about the letdown of the other hotel - and let everybody know about it - that I now got the offer of these three rooms..!!!
This Hotel http://www.parkhotelwinterberg.nl/ in Winterberg has at this moment at least still 10 rooms free and also there are some appertments for rent.
Axel, is it possible for you to check out this hotel please ?

Judass

Beitrag von Judass »

I will join your Antwerp tour with pleasure !

Hope to see you there and in IJsselstein, Paul
I'll be there, don't worry

Riding the tour on friday isn't a good idea, to much traffic, to dangerous.

Topic author
John w

Beitrag von John w »

Hi guys,

Thanks for the good ideas & suggestions. Mick and I are trying to decide on some sort of schedule so we can get the most out of our trip.

We have a few questions;
:?: What/where/when is the Eifeltour?
:?: Where is Axman's bikerhotel? :?: Is it near the Eifeltour location?

So far, we have thought about travelling to the Bikerbarn Hotel for Thursday night. Touring Antwerp on Friday. Visiting Paul on Friday night (if that's still Ok Paul? :thumbup: ). On to the Eifeltour for Saturday/Sunday OR meet Axman at the bikerhotel. Return to Dutch/Belgian border area for Sunday night. Go home via the Eurotunnel on Monday.

But it looks like the tour of Antwerp is not a good idea for Friday. Maybe a tour somewhere else in Belgium may be OK?

Any further information will be most helpful. :-k

Cheers ~ John w

Axman
Vorname: Axel

Beitrag von Axman »

Hi John,

the Eifel ist the region south of Cologne (Köln) more or less..they still don´t have an exact date but I suggested that they should hold the meeting on the Weekend 1st. of October..!

From there it is approximately 100 Km´s here to the Sauerland....so maybe you meet with Paul and Co. (in Belgium or Holland) and then pop over here together..

As soon as I know where exactly the "Eifel-Meeting" takes place, I´ll let you know..ok?

Greets, Axman

Topic author
John w

Beitrag von John w »

Cheers Axman!

We are coming over with no fixed plans. We will go where the road takes us! We have a few ideas where we're going but these can change.
I like this! Maybe I won't go back and I will spend my days wandering around Europe on my bike :happyhippy: (in my dreams!!!!!).

Anymore suggestions anyone?

Cheers ~ John w
Antworten