Trip to Lake District

All about the BT1100

Topic author
ronald53
Vorname: Ronald

Trip to Lake District

Beitrag von ronald53 »

Hello,
I am planning a trip to the Lake District. Arrival will be in Newcastle, anticipated stay for 3-4 nights in a B&B in Penrith (couldn't find other places to stay and not get bankrupt). Our group will count four bikers in total, and we plan to arrive in Newcastle by the 19th of June. I would be please to receive suggestions for trips, especially for the day of arrival and departure. I've been near Newcastle more often, but I never found a nice route near Newcastle that heads towards the west. In view of the fact that we have most of the day for touring, there is no need to take the shortest/fasted route form Newcastle to Penrith.
Any other suggestions are welcome too, such as:
- a modestly priced B&B/Guesthouse/hotel that is (more) conveniently located for visiting the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales and North Pennines
- the best motorcycle ways in that area, or a site to find them (I am not completely blank in this case, I rode Hardknott Pass two time before).
Thanks,
Ronald
BT1100 - 2007 / 75 PS / 100Nm.

WullDee
Vorname: Waldi
Re: Trip to Lake District

Beitrag von WullDee »

Hi Ronald,
we stood at Keswick, nice town, nice walk at lake Derentwater and toured around.
You should give "Hardknott Pass" a try, but be careful, about 30% ascending partly, I recommend doing this road only as experienced rider.
Lake District.gpx
(1.03 MiB) 21-mal heruntergeladen
Lake District.gpx
(1.03 MiB) 21-mal heruntergeladen
Maybe you need to re-order some waypoints
Die linke Hand zum Gruß,
Waldi

Bild

YouTube ...... https://www.youtube.com/user/WullDee
Instagram ... https://www.instagram.com/wull_dee/

Topic author
ronald53
Vorname: Ronald

Re: Trip to Lake District

Beitrag von ronald53 »

Thanks Waldi, I agree about Hardknott Pass.
I am still searching for a moderately priced B&B/Guesthouse/hotel near Kendal, for 4 persons. Some of us prefer private rooms, which complicates the search.
Kind regards,
Ronald
BT1100 - 2007 / 75 PS / 100Nm.
Antworten