Forget to say hello!

All about the BT1100

Topic author
Martynn
Vorname: Martynn

Forget to say hello!

Beitrag von Martynn »

I bought this about 6 weeks ago during the lockdown, and forgot to introduce myself.
bt11002.jpg
60 years old, living in south-west UK, been riding bikes legally since the age of 16.

I like the idea of the Bulldog, but haven't ridden it much yet. I've de-restricted the carbs, and airbox, and fitted some 'free-flowing' silencers.

One thing I am surprised about is the handling. After reading the review in Motorcycle News, I was expecting some grief on right-hand bends, but this is not the case. It's absolutely fine, unless you're pretending you're a short circuit racer. Perfectly adequate for my riding...

Cheers!

Big Ade
Vorname: Ade

Re: Forget to say hello!

Beitrag von Big Ade »

Martynn
Welcome to the Bulldog forum, this UK section is sadly underused but please post because a lot of our friends on the continent read the posts and will contribute.
You are right to be impressed with the dog, when MCN reviewed it they were used to high powered street racers, it was never intended to be a scratcher's mount but having said that it is very sure footed and does handle well. Some our German friends have embarrassed super bike track day warriors on the dogs they have ridden on to the track. Having said that the dog is really a competent all rounder, solid, reliable, economical and great fun.
There are just a few things you ought to know.
The gel battery will last you 2 or maybe 3 years, there is a required method to firing up the motor and it is important that you follow it.
Start up.
1 All the usual fuel on, choke on (if cold) and out of gear.
2 Press the start button and hold it until both cylinders are firing then release.
If you repeatedly do short stabs of the starter it will cause premature wear of the starter clutch and that is expensive to repair.
Try if you can to get to Treffen, it is easily the best motorcycle club, you will meet some great people and have a brilliant time. There is usually a small contingent travelling from UK every year.
That's enough for now.
Cheers
Ade

Topic author
Martynn

Beitrag von Martynn »

Thanks Ade,
I've also got a '96 Tiger 900, so I'm used to starter clutch issues....keep the battery charged, don't touch the throttle etc.

I gather that this years Treffen rally has been cancelled, but definitely up for next years.

Looking forward to getting some riding it now that things have eased slightly...

Cheers

Martynn

WullDee
Vorname: Waldi

Beitrag von WullDee »

Hi Martynn,
welcome to the board and always a safe ride!
Die linke Hand zum Gruß,
Waldi

Bild

YouTube ...... https://www.youtube.com/user/WullDee
Instagram ... https://www.instagram.com/wull_dee/

Kirk.k
Vorname: Kirk

Beitrag von Kirk.k »

Hello Martyn, another UK owner here should be visiting the southwest (Cornwall) toward the end of next week just waiting for new rear shock to arrive and fit,before I take my bulldog down there from Liverpool. Once you have some miles on the bulldog I am sure you will like it even more.
Kirk.
2003 silver/blue bulldog

Blubber
Vorname: Ralf

Beitrag von Blubber »

Hello Martynn.

From Black Forest Germany I send you a my congratulations for your purchase. You are not going to regret this as far as I see. :-D :-D :-D

As Ade already mentioned. Once you can make to one of our annual Treffen you will meet a whole bunch of very interesting people :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Meine Meinung steht fest - bitte verwirren Sie mich nicht
mit Tatsachen !

Topic author
Martynn

Beitrag von Martynn »

Thanks guys! The more I ride it, the more I like it...

nissbird
Vorname: Philip

Beitrag von nissbird »

Welcome to the forum Martin, great to have another member. Phil

nissbird
Vorname: Philip

Beitrag von nissbird »

Martynn hat geschrieben: Mittwoch 1. Juli 2020, 09:43 I bought this about 6 weeks ago during the lockdown, and forgot to introduce myself.

bt11002.jpg
60 years old, living in south-west UK, been riding bikes legally since the age of 16.

I like the idea of the Bulldog, but haven't ridden it much yet. I've de-restricted the carbs, and airbox, and fitted some 'free-flowing' silencers.

One thing I am surprised about is the handling. After reading the review in Motorcycle News, I was expecting some grief on right-hand bends, but this is not the case. It's absolutely fine, unless you're pretending you're a short circuit racer. Perfectly adequate for my riding...

Cheers!
Hi,
Where did you get those silencers from? They look good.

Topic author
Martynn

Beitrag von Martynn »

Hi Phil,
The ones in the photo came with the bike. Apparently, they're custom made, but were very quiet! So now I've put on some big bore ones from SP Engineering. Now you can really hear the Dog, but I'll keep the others for MOT time.
Antworten