Help - Sachsenring 2017

Topic author
Big Ade
Vorname: Ade

Help - Sachsenring 2017

Beitrag von Big Ade »

I am taking my dog to the Moto GP at Sachsenring in July 2017 accompanied by my brother-in-law, Bernard, on his 1000cc Honda. We have booked tickets for stand T2 for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday and on-site the car park for our bikes.

We will be arriving on the continent at Calais (France) on 11th July and intend to take three full days travelling from there through Belgium and then across Germany to get to the Sachsenring area on Thursday 13th July.

We have not planned the route yet so I would welcome any suggestions for good roads (not motorways), comfortable hotel/guest house, must try speciality food (beer, women and drugs) and anything we should avoid. OK I know it's a big ask but you are the guys that know how and where we can experience the best your country has to offer.

I am asking now so that I can book the accommodation for both the journey out and the journey back. Also if anyone can recommend an appartment to rent for 4 days whilst we are in Sachsenring (or within 30 miles of the travck) that would be nice too.

If anyone else is going to this event it would be nice to meet up or journey with you.

I will be the Treffen 2017 in Alexisbad in June but I need to get this sorted early.

Ade

PS Only joking about the drugs, I have enough.

Added in 1 hour 26 minutes 56 seconds:
Dates have changed, this morning.

Apparantly the earlier provisional dates for the German Moto GP have changed so as not to clash with the F1 British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

So now Sachsenring may welll be on 30th June to 2nd July and our travel dates will adjust accordingly.

Cheers

Ade

WullDee
Vorname: Waldi
Re: Help - Sachsenring 2017

Beitrag von WullDee »

Hi Adrian,
unfortunately I don't know that region good enough to make any route proposals.
But I try to translate your inquiry for other (german) readers

Ok, Leute ...
Adrian und sein Schwager Bernard fahren vom 30.06. bis 02.07. zum deutschen Moto GP an den Sachsenring.
Die Anreise erfolgt über Calais (27.06.) und nach einer 3-Tages-Tour über Belgien und Deutschland werden sie am Donnerstag 29.06. am Sachsenring ankommen.
Da die Route noch nicht geplant ist, würde sich Adrian nun über Vorschläge für nette Routen (ohne Autobahnen), komfortable Unterbringung sowie lokale Spezialitäten, die sie unbedingt ausprobieren sollten, freuen. Und nach Dingen, die sie tunlichst meiden sollten.
Es ist ihm bewusst, dass dies nicht einfach zu beantworten sein wird, aber wer könnte diese Fragen besser beantworten als wir als Einheimische.
Er fragt so früh, weil er die Unterkünfte für Hin-/Rückfahrt schon einmal buchen möchte.
Und wenn jemand eine Ferienwohnung im Umkreis von 50Km um den Sachsenring empfehlen kann, dann würde er sich auch darüber freuen.
Sollte noch jemand zum Moto GP fahren, würde er sich über ein Treffen oder eine gemeinsame Anfahrt gleichermassen freuen.
Die linke Hand zum Gruß,
Waldi

Bild

YouTube ...... https://www.youtube.com/user/WullDee
Instagram ... https://www.instagram.com/wull_dee/

Topic author
Big Ade
Vorname: Ade

Re: Help - Sachsenring 2017

Beitrag von Big Ade »

Thanks for the translation WullDee. I had thought to use the Google translator but it is not very good. I used it to translate an order into Russian for a soil pipe extension and had a reply from a Russian Bride agency!

See you in June my friends.

Ade
Antworten