Help

Everything about the engine

Topic author
Big Ade
Vorname: Ade

Help

Beitrag von Big Ade »

David's bike is still sick.

He needs help, the front bevel gear shaft has sheared (connects to U/J) and he needs a guide tool to accurately drill the shaft.

Does anybody have one of these to sell, loan or donate?

The dog is dead but we can revive him with your help.

Ade

Axman
Vorname: Axel

Re: Help

Beitrag von Axman »

Hi Ade,

I´ll translate your request reg. the guide-tool. That´ll be better than hoping that someone here understands nwhat you need :wink:

bexst regards

Axman

Added in 32 seconds:
Hi Ade,

I´ll translate your request reg. the guide-tool. That´ll be better than hoping that someone here understands nwhat you need

best regards

Axman
...es ist ein Zeichen von Intelligenz seine Grenzen zu kennen..

Topic author
Big Ade

Beitrag von Big Ade »

Axeman

Thanks for doing that for me, I struggle to read/write and speak German as do all Brits. Google translate kind of works when viewing the German forum but even then it throws me a bit.

Glad to see you are still involved on the forum to share your experience, knowledge and help.

Be healthy, happy and safe my friend.

Ade

Added in 18 seconds:
Axeman

Thanks for doing that for me, I struggle to read/write and speak German as do all Brits. Google translate kind of works when viewing the German forum but even then it throws me a bit.

Glad to see you are still involved on the forum to share your experience, knowledge and help.

Be healthy, happy and safe my friend.

Ade

Topic author
Big Ade

Re: Help - Giude Tool

Beitrag von Big Ade »

Guys

We are struggling this end, we have managed to get a tool made on a 3D printer but I fear it will be too soft. Machine shops will not entertain programming their CNC kit for a one off unless we pay lots of money (many many euros).

I am pleading for help, I will pay money, favour or whatever (the sphincter, as always, is out of bounds).

Has any body got this tool to sell, lend or donate? We will treat it with respect and return it as soon as we are done with it.

Oh and Merry Christmas to all our readers and ride safe and be lucky in the future.

Ade

Topic author
Big Ade

Beitrag von Big Ade »

Massive, massive thanks to Eddie who has so very kindly sent me the tool AND a drill!

Eddie you are a top man. thanks so very much for helping us out, I will reurn the tool to you as soon as possible.

It's good to know we have such good friends in Germany.

Ade

Axman
Vorname: Axel

Beitrag von Axman »

:elephant: :elephant: :elephant:
...es ist ein Zeichen von Intelligenz seine Grenzen zu kennen..

Eddie
Vorname: Ralf

Beitrag von Eddie »

No matter, Ade.

Nice, that I can help you with your problem and I hope, it will works. But it`s a german drill and you have to turn it in the right direction! :lol:

Best regards...
Es liegt in der Natur des Menschen vernünftig zu denken und unvernünftig zu handeln.

marksimcox
Vorname: Mark

Beitrag von marksimcox »

Hi,
My Bulldog is not running well.
After 600 miles with the standard pipes on and running well I decided I wanted a raunchier exhaust note.
So I bought a set of SP engineering 'shorty' pipes. Beautiful things but . . .
To cut a long story short I then bought a set of Fuel pipes and the problem remains.
The thing is we are convinced the new pipes are a 'red herring' and have no baring on the problem.

So, to the crux of the matter. When I try and use the performance the motor chokes. Initially its ok and will rev out then it feels like its running out of petrol and will * about and stutter until I'm forced to pullover whereupon the motor will die and refuse to re-start for 5 minutes or so. It feels like its trying to run on 1 piston? If I keep the revs below 3000rpm its ok but if I exceed that the poor running reappears.
My bike shop man, Dave, has given it a full service and completely stripped, cleaned and reassembled the carb.
There was some muck in there which has been removed but there was no evidence of water ingress. I have also tried riding the bike with the fuel cap open in case the breather was blocked, but nothing is helping.

Any ideas?

marksimcox

Beitrag von marksimcox »

Hi,
I guess this site is not very active as I never received a reply!
So, if there is anyone out there you might like to know the problem turned out to be a build up of 'sludge' in the bottom of the tank, which, under acceleration would be drawn into the fuel line, thereby choking the motor.
Clean it out and problem solved.
Since then I have also had the dreaded starter motor failure.
This was relaced at a huge cost, in excess of £550-00, and my garage did me a good (vat free for cash) deal.
I believe the replacement, a genuine Yamaha item, to be an upgraded part. So, I am trusting I won't have to do that again. Yamaha's 950 engine in their custom bike and its derivatives is the same engine, with a slightly lower capacity obviously, and I can't believe Yamaha would still be selling a bike with a dubious starter.
I replaced the Pirelli's with Bridgestone Battlax T30's which are performing well.
The Givi rack and topbox give loads of practicality and peace of mind to my daughter when she rides pillion.
I do, however, take the 'box off as much as I can as it looks so much better without it.
I ran it through the winter, after covering it in ACF-50, and the finish has held up brilliantly.
The motor returns approx 45mpg.
And the Fuel pipes sound lovely.
Its a great bike, I love it.

Mark

WullDee
Vorname: Waldi

Beitrag von WullDee »

Hi Mark,
indeed, the english section is not visited really often.
But many thanks for your feedback - there has been a topic in the past dealing with the coating of the fuel tank which has been renewed by using "Kreem", but I can't recall when/where it was.
Good to hear that your dog finally works as expected!
Die linke Hand zum Gruß,
Waldi

Bild

YouTube ...... https://www.youtube.com/user/WullDee
Instagram ... https://www.instagram.com/wull_dee/

marksimcox

Beitrag von marksimcox »

Ok, well after 5 years the problem is back.
The bike cuts out at high speed. That is over 70mph.
And it’s not fuel starvation, even though that’s what it feels like, as the carbs, breathers and fuel lines have all been cleaned.
Plus it still does it if I ride with the fuel cap open!
Any ideas?

sandro
Vorname: Sandro

Beitrag von sandro »

Okay, then it is perhaps an air problem. Have You alredy checked the insulating mat at the bottom of the tank? Sometimes, it comes off, lies down on the air-intake and closes it. We already had this problem several times.
yolo Bild sandro

marksimcox

Beitrag von marksimcox »

Thank you for your suggestion Sandro.
I will be taking it to my man to investigate asap.
Unfortunately this trip has been delayed as the battery, despite being on a drip-charger, has failed.
It did last for 3 years, I guess that is acceptable?
I got a new Yuasa battery today from Wemoto, ordered on 15th delivered on 17th, & all is well
but my man, Dave at Bol D’Or Motorcycles in Pulborough, excellent service, is having a check-up today,
I won’t be able to visit until next week.
I will let you, & the forum, know if your suggestion bears fruit. 🤞

marksimcox

Beitrag von marksimcox »

So, I have had a look under the tank.
The foam mat had largely rotted away.
I guess it’s 20 years old now.
The crumbling remains, I scrapped off.
Checked there was nothing else blocking the air intake
& that the air filter was correctly sited. It is.
Then I took the bike out for a run &,
unsurprisingly given that I couldn’t find anything wrong,
The problem remains ☹️

riedrider
Vorname: Günter

Beitrag von riedrider »

There are two other things that might cause problems with the fuel supply.
First is the fuel pump. It is the same style like in my Honda NTV650 and a lot of other bikes. These pumps often have problems with the internal contacts.
There are often sparks leading to extended wear and reduced performance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU0DT2FIKGY
Some pumps work "forever" and others give up quiet early (mine at 34.000 km).
Since there is a repair kit available for the BT1100 there is a possibility that also these pumps have sometimes problems.
https://yambits.co.uk/fuel_pumps_and_pa ... lldog.html
The second thing is the vacuum operated fuel tap. If there is a problem with the vacuum line or the tap itself fuel supply could be restricted.
There is no repair kit for the BT1100 tap but the XJ600 kit is supposed to fit:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12905&p=206444
https://yambits.co.uk/xj600n-fuel-tap-r ... 45147.html
BT1100, TDM850, MT-03 660, FZS600, RD200DX, R100R/Mystic-Mischling, 2 x NTV650, Royal Enfield Classic EFI
Antworten