Isle of Man TT 2015!

all about bike events and meets

Topic author
Big Ade
Vorname: Ade

Isle of Man TT 2015!

Beitrag von Big Ade »

OK I know 2015 is an age away but I can't get there this year (off to the 10th International Bulldog meet in Gustrow, Germany) and next year (2014) we have a big family gathering in June.

So my three sons and I will be going in 2015 and to make it proper we will be sleep in tents (cheap and easy). Anybody interested in joining us? I will do the spade work (UK/Isle of Man) all you will have to do is pay your bit and turn up. If camping is not your thing then hotels, guest houses and lodgings book up years in advance so you should look NOW for 2015.

If you have never been to a TT your life is not complete, it is something you will remember all your life (in a good way). The racing is unbelievable, the company is great, the craic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craic) is tremendous and the beer is very good (and not expensive). It is without doubt the best free show on earth. If you don't or can't go then you must watch the film "Closer to the Edge" especially in 3D.

Oh, and there is Mad Sunday. The roads on the mountain part of the circuit (the race track) are opened up for one way traffic with no speed limit. Very scary with the b_a_l_l_s-out young blades and old-f_a_r_t_s born again biker dreamers but still a full on adrenalin rush (take spare underpants).

Only one other dog on the island last time I went (2011 and it was silver like mine) so we are a select bunch. There is a long fuse on this, think about it.

Ade

PS Saw 5 Laverda Jota's, 3 Honda CBX 1000cc (6 cylinder), 4 Vincent HRD Shadows plus some other really trick bikes, a free week long bike show.

ronald53
Vorname: Ronald

Re: Isle of Man TT 2015!

Beitrag von ronald53 »

Hello Ade, what dates are we looking at?
Ronald
BT1100 - 2007 / 75 PS / 100Nm.

Topic author
Big Ade

Beitrag von Big Ade »

Ronald

2015 dates are 30th May to 12th June (practice week plus the actual week of TT races). I would want to be there at least for the racing week but all is still fluid at the moment.

Tell your wife that it is a great place to have your wedding aniversary (mine is on June 3rd and Mrs. Big Ade really doesn't mind me being away for ours). I know this because since March she has not said anything to me about me going to Gustrow. In fact my house is really peaceful now (except for the doors banging shut) and I also seem to have a lot of time alone now too. I sometimes wonder if she is going through that woman thing where they get crotchety, whatever, she'll get over it.

Cheers

Ade

John w

Beitrag von John w »

Big Ade,

You crack me up with your wisdom and knowledge of the female species! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

John W :j: :w:

-- Tuesday 14. May 2013, 20:37 --

Big Ade,

You crack me up with your wisdom and knowledge of the female species! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

John W :j: :w:

ronald53

Beitrag von ronald53 »

Big Ade hat geschrieben:Ronald

2015 dates are 30th May to 12th June (practice week plus the actual week of TT races). I would want to be there at least for the racing week but all is still fluid at the moment.

Tell your wife that it is a great place to have your wedding aniversary (mine is on June 3rd and Mrs. Big Ade really doesn't mind me being away for ours). I know this because since March she has not said anything to me about me going to Gustrow. In fact my house is really peaceful now (except for the doors banging shut) and I also seem to have a lot of time alone now too. I sometimes wonder if she is going through that woman thing where they get crotchety, whatever, she'll get over it.

Cheers

Ade
Hello Ade,

The date is a problem. I am about to start a new career as a physics teacher. And thereby lose my freedom if it comes to picking vacation periods. As far as my wife is concerned: Don't tell your wife but I volunteered not to go to Gustrow for the simple fact that this event coincides with her birthday! She would however love to go to The Isle of Man TT.
And as far as you and your wife is concerned: our wives really are lucky to have such husbands, yet they do not show sufficient appreciation for our ability to understand the language of non verbal communication!

Regards,
Ronald

-- Montag 30. Juni 2014, 07:27 --
ronald53 hat geschrieben:The date is a problem. I am about to start a new career as a physics teacher. And thereby lose my freedom if it comes to picking vacation periods.
Hello Ade,
I decided to change jobs again, by August this year. This will now open up more possibilities to plan my holidays. :-D
The 2015 edition of the Isle of Man still is not an option, but the 2016 edition is looming, especially since it coincides with the 2016 BOC meeting. I hope the English speaking members of this forum will have a positive influence on picking the location of the 2016 meeting. Meanwhile I have some experience with biking and motor biking in the UK, and I hope the location will not be in the South! [-X
Regards,
Ronald

Topic author
Big Ade

Re: Isle of Man TT 2016!

Beitrag von Big Ade »

Ronald

I tried to get crossings for 2015 TT but absolutely no chance, everything is booked up, even via Scotland to Northern Ireland and down to Dublin.

So I am going to get it sorted for 2016 and straight after Treffen 13 I will shoot off for the ferry from Liverpool to a camp site just outside Douglas. Two of my sons will be there and one of their buddies. I hope we can get some BOC members too because they are halfway there already if they come to Treffen.

I will start in earnest with our booking in August. If you are going in 2016 I would suggest you start the booking process early too (you can't book accommodation without a crossing).

Cheers

Ade

-- Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:57 pm --

Isle of Man 2016

The only ferry operator to the Isle of Man (Steam Packet Company) will start allocating 2016 TT deposit only bookings for sale on Monday of the Practice week of TT 2015 (30th May).

Bookings can be made on line at http://www.steam-packet.com from 08:30 hours or by phone to the offices on 0044 8722 992 992. Personally I would try the on line any time after midnight.

There are two departure points from the UK mainland Liverpool and Heysham.

Liverpool is the fast crossing and it takes 2 hours 45minutes on a Sea-Cat, the crossings are in daylight.

Heysham uses a traditional ferry and takes 3 hours 30 minutes two passages per day, one in early afternoon (14:15) the other in early morning (02:15). If travelling overnight be aware that there are very few cabins available.

Which one to take?

Depends where you are in the UK but personally I would always use Liverpool. Heysham is a long way North and the boat can pitch quite a bit if the sea is choppy and this loosens up a few stomachs.

Foot travellers can fly into Ronaldsway Airport (Isle of Man) from London, Manchester, Birmingham or Norwich.

Hotels, camp sites and guest houses will insist that you have a passage booked before they will accept your accommodation booking.

Stuff six bikes in a van and save money? No, they already thought of that one and numbers of vans per ferry is VERY limited. Stuff a container? That won’t work either, containers are limited to their commercial shipping customers. You just have to accept that it is expensive to get there BUT all the racing is totally free for the whole 37¾ miles of the track.

I am definitely going to the 2016 TT after Treffen 13 and I will be very happy to act as a guide on the Island to anybody who wants to see the best bits, good pubs, fine foods and nightlife (will involve some public transport due to drink).

Ade

-- Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:56 am --

Good news!

Isle of Man Steam Packet Company (ferry operator) is to increased the number of motorcycles it carries on the fast ferry from Liverpool!

In the winter overhaul on the ferry they are fabricating and installing another deck for motorcycles only. So from 2015 onwards it allows a further 300 bikes to be carried on each sailing every day throughout the TT and Manx GP!

But you STILL must prepare early for 2016 TT because there has NOT been a corresponding increase in available accommodation. This is especially true if you definitely will not live under canvas.

If there is sufficient interest in the 2016 TT I will see if I can get a block booking rate for the ferry. I have arranged tours before and it has cost me a lot of money when people back out of their initial intention. So, when it comes to commitment time I will only book places if I have received the relevant deposit.

I cannot arrange accommodation on the island (IoM) for you, the task is far too onerous, but I will get a list of options and details so that you can then make your own arrangements.

The Isle of Man is a microcosm of the UK, the TT is truly spectacular and to experience it should be on every biker's bucket list. There is nothing on Earth to match it. And in any case at Treffen 13 you will be halfway there already.

My wife insists that I go, she wasn't specific she just said she wanted me to go. Strange thing is we were not even talking about the TT, I just smiled and said thank you.

Ade

ronald53

Beitrag von ronald53 »

Hello Ade,

Many thanks for the detailed information! I really want to further explore the possibilities of coming to the TT in 2016. I just hope the 2016 BOC meeting will be held in a place that makes combination of the two events easy. I guess the UK member of the BOC will be asked for advice when it comes to a suitable venue location. The south east of the UK may at first glance seem attractive because of the relatively low cost ferries, but to my opinion the SE is not at all a nice area for motor biking. I prefer the Yorkshire Dales, Peak District, Wales, Lake District, and, of course, Scotland.

In addition, the date of the 2016 BOC meeting has not yet been fixed. I think it was I who first pointed to the fact that the two events may fit nicely, but my observation is based on the fact that the BOC meeting always is in the weekend following a specific German bank holiday, which in 2016 is on Thursday, 26th of May.

I hope the organising committee will release the place of venue and confirm the date much earlier than usual, in view of the fact that people may want to go to the TT. So, let's see how things evolve in the next half year!

Regards,
Ronald

BullUG
Vorname: Uwe

Beitrag von BullUG »

kann leider kein Englisch :alright: aber,
... wenn hier was Wichtiges läuft/organisiert wird, kann das jemand auf Deutsch wiedergeben?
Wenn es 2016 nach England geht, könnte ich mir auch vorstellen, über die Isle of Man zu fahren.
Grüße aus MQ (MosambiQue) :lol:
Uwe
[marq=left]Motorradfahren ist das Beste , was man angezogen machen kann :mrgreen:[/marq]
Antworten