Seite 1 von 1

10th International Bulldog Meet

Verfasst: Dienstag 2. Oktober 2012, 23:35
von Big Ade
Anyone from UK interested in going? Went last year and truly enjoyed it, could be habit forming.

I will probably scoot up to North Sheilds and go Newcastle/Hook of Holland on an overnight sailing then it is only 6 hours motorway to the Hotel (or a couple of days on back roads and little hotels). Maybe this time it will even be sunny too.

Blubber has put up a page but it is all in German so the only thing I can read is venue, dates and cost. Still that just about covers it.

It would be good to share the trip.

Cheers.

Ade

Re: 10th International Bulldog Meet

Verfasst: Mittwoch 3. Oktober 2012, 08:55
von Blubber
Good morning to the island.

Ade, thank you for the flowers, but it wasn't me who had put up the page. Only Jörg has the official right
to invite to our annual international meeting.

I am sure, as soon he installes the register button there will be an english version.

Take care andbehave wel   

Blubber

Verfasst: Mittwoch 3. Oktober 2012, 15:34
von hotdog
Hello Ade ...Here the link for the englisch version
http://cms.bulldog-bt1100.de/en/menu-in ... treffen-gb

see you

Verfasst: Mittwoch 3. Oktober 2012, 23:32
von Big Ade
Thank you Hotdog, maybe the UK bunch could hook up with the Dutch bulldog owners too for the ride to Gustrow?

Cheers

Ade

Verfasst: Mittwoch 3. Oktober 2012, 23:50
von ronald53
Hello,
I don't expect to join the meeting, my wife's anniversary is exactly that weekend. With the proposed route via Newcastle you will pass our house on some 15 km distance, by the way.
Regards,
Ronald

Verfasst: Samstag 6. Oktober 2012, 20:10
von Big Ade
Brilliant, so it's breakfast at your place then Ronald?

If you like I can tell your wife that it is OK for you to come along I'm sure she will understand.

Cheers

Ade

PS Only joking.

Verfasst: Samstag 6. Oktober 2012, 23:15
von ronald53
Last July, when I returned from Newcastle, it was about 11:30 before I got home. So, a little bit late for breakfast. You can have coffee and cake, of course.

(Must say that the ferry was a bit late, the delay was caused by "logistic reasons". I reacon it was to save fuel. Nevertheless we had to pay a surcharge for high fuel prices.)

Regards,
Ronald

Verfasst: Dienstag 9. Oktober 2012, 11:18
von hotdog
Big Ade hat geschrieben:Thank you Hotdog, maybe the UK bunch could hook up with the Dutch bulldog owners too for the ride to Gustrow?

Cheers

Ade
Hello Ade,
we leave already on Wednesday to Güstrow!

Verfasst: Samstag 22. Dezember 2012, 00:48
von John w
Hi Ade,

Not been on the forum for a while so just picked this up. :oops: You will see Mick P and I are going if you check out the guest list (via the submarine/tunnel) and getting to Gustrow on Thursday PM. We have no route planned as yet but we leave on the Tuesday. Jake and Lorraine are also going. We should meet up en route if possible.

I apologise in advance for being late when we meet up, as getting lost always features in our adventures. :? Maybe it is because we are on the other side of the road and it becomes confusing - Which is left? Which is right? Oh ****!!! blink1.gif

More to follow later...

Cheers ~ John W :joker:

Blubber, I expect you to comment on this! :lol:

Verfasst: Samstag 22. Dezember 2012, 18:50
von Blubber
John w hat geschrieben: Blubber, I expect you to comment on this! :lol:
Hey John, you can read my mind from such a distance :shock: :shock: :shock: :?:

I have a hint for you: instead of having a mirror inside the visor (you remember) write onto your both handlebar mirrors the words:
links and rechts. This will help, while you drive through Germany :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Which word on which side is up to you.

Warm regards

Blubber
Links-rechts.jpg

Verfasst: Donnerstag 27. Dezember 2012, 01:22
von John w
Hi Blubber,

Thanks for the useful suggestion! :lol: I will give it a try.... :?

I will let you know if it works when (if) I get to Gustrow.
It may be that I have to phone you from another location (or country)! :lolmen:

Cheers ~ John W :joker:

Verfasst: Mittwoch 20. Februar 2013, 14:31
von Big Ade
John, Mick, Jake and anyone else.
I would like to join up with you all for the trip to Gustrow, my son David is not coming this time (maybe the 11th in 2014) so it is just me and my dog. I have not booked my ferry yet but will be doing so in the next week or so. Have you made any plans (loose or otherwise) for the tour and stopping points to Gustrow? I understand that the lads from Holland are setting off on Wednesday so maybe we could catch up with them at some point, what do you think?
Went out in Derbyshire on Sunday, big mistake. Bright blue cloudless sky, still air but discovered sheet ice on the bends where the sun had not shone. Had some spectacular moments but managed not to drop the bike (more luck than skill). I still came back grinning because my dog makes me feel alive. My wife (Mrs. Big Ade) thinks I am crazy mad but I would rather die on my bike than in a care home.
Put a post on the UK Bulldog forum but I think there is only me that goes on that site.
Cheers
Ade

Verfasst: Dienstag 14. Mai 2013, 20:39
von John w
Hi Bulldoggers,

MickP, Big Ade and I will be in Breda on Tues 28/05, Hatten on Wed 29/05 then on to Gustrow 30/05 if anyone wants to ride along. Routes are planned with little or no highways :-D

Going home via Hameln Sun 02/06 and Ghent 03/06. Back to UK on Tues 04/06.

If you join us you must accept that getting lost a few times is not unusual - but we always get there in the end :lol:

Cheers ~ John W (Sat Nav King) :crazy:

-- Tuesday 14. May 2013, 20:39 --

Hey,

No getting lost anymore! I have fixed a compass on my bike now. :huh:

John W :cool:

Verfasst: Mittwoch 15. Mai 2013, 08:03
von WullDee
Hi there,
John w hat geschrieben:MickP, Big Ade and I will be in Breda on Tues 28/05, Hatten on Wed 29/05 then on to Gustrow 30/05 if anyone wants to ride along. Routes are planned with little or no highways :-D
The Rhineland Bulldogers plan to meet some of us from Lower Saxony at about 12:30PM in Nienhagen (near to Celle) to get some Schnitzel and ride on the remaining track to Gustrow together.
Maybe you like to join us - according to google.maps it's only about 40Km more for you (instead of going directly to Gustrow).
More details here ...

Verfasst: Freitag 17. Mai 2013, 00:10
von John w
Hi Wulldee,

Thanks for the invite to join you for the ride-in. Riding an extra 40K is worth doing to join our Bulldog friends for a Schnitzel. Nienhagen is only 2 hours 25 minutes from Hatten, mainly avoiding the highways, so to be there for 12.30 hours is an easy ride (if I can get the others out of bed!!!).
As ever, we don't mind which route we take as all roads lead to Gustrow! :band:
My mobile number is 07875 153805.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again. :-D :-D :-D

Best wishes,

John W :cool:

Verfasst: Samstag 18. Mai 2013, 01:33
von WullDee
Well,
John w hat geschrieben:As ever, we don't mind which route we take as all roads lead to Gustrow! :band:
My mobile number is 07875 153805.
we will keep an eye on your arrival although you might be well equipped with your compass ...
The target is called "Zum Hagenstübchen" and located at:
Dorfstraße 90a
29336 Nienhagen
+49 5144 495424
Looking forward to seeing you all healthy and well-rested at the Schnitzel station!

PS:
I assume +44 is the proper country code for your cellphone number.

PPS:
I expect at least three british Bulldoggers (John, Mick, Ade), but what about Mr & Mrs Hindle?

PPPPPPPS:
Will talk to Fritze (Doggenanbeter) that he should talk to the restaurant owner that we possibly might need an extension to the Schnitzel house ;)

Verfasst: Sonntag 19. Mai 2013, 22:22
von John w
Hi Wulldee,

Target locked on. :thumbright:
You are right about the number +44 :thumbright:
Jake and Lorraine (plus others?) are approaching Gustrow from the frozen North (via Denmark)!
You are also right about the other number - there will be 3 of us (Three Wise Men!) :shock: :? :cool:

Schnitzel station here we come! :firestarter:

John W :crazy:

Verfasst: Montag 20. Mai 2013, 00:30
von WullDee
hip hip hoorah!

Verfasst: Montag 20. Mai 2013, 19:35
von spi
Hi english speaking attendants,
it seems that I will be again responsible for the video post production (DVD). This year I plan a "Speaker's Corner", to get an direct an unfiltered feedback. Hey, it is the 10th anniversary and some of you join the meeting every year :beer:
That's the plan. I will install a green wall in a special room. With you in front of this and with myself in front of you and some question on a tablet PC, I hope to get some funny answer's.
It would be nice, to get you in front of my lens. Place and time you will find on this small notice:

Bild

Verfasst: Donnerstag 23. Mai 2013, 23:29
von John w
Hi Spi,

We will do our best but don't forget that the English are very serious about life. We do not drink beer or laugh about things.

tong.gif mac.gif pet.gif

See you there...

John W :hotsun:

Verfasst: Freitag 24. Mai 2013, 18:07
von Blubber
John w hat geschrieben:...... We do not drink beer or laugh about things.
Hey John, it seems you have German ancestors, isn't it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

To go down the cellar for a laugh is our domain, so please behave more british :roll: :roll: :roll:

Looking forward to meet up soon with you guys.

Blubber

Verfasst: Samstag 25. Mai 2013, 01:18
von John w
Hi Blubber,

I have just got to fix my mirrors and them I am ready to go! icon_cheesygrin.gif

See you soon,

John piratecap.gif

Verfasst: Samstag 25. Mai 2013, 06:26
von Blubber
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Verfasst: Sonntag 26. Mai 2013, 08:43
von spi
Hello Guys,

one more thing about the planned DVD. It would be nice, if made a picture when you start to Güstrow. Please stopp at the border of your home town. The picture should show you, in best case with your BT and the road sign with the name of the town in the background.
I hope you like this idea.

See you next week
Stefan

Verfasst: Montag 27. Mai 2013, 12:05
von Big Ade
Stefan

Done it and now off to the ferry and on my way to Gustrow. See you there.

Ride safe.

Cheers

Ade