Bulldog Kaput!!!!!!!!

Topic author
jake
Vorname: Jake (John)
Bulldog Kaput!!!!!!!!

Beitrag von jake »

Just done a service on the dog ready for Germany, but things did not go as planned. It would only run on one cylinder, then the other cylinder flooded with petrol. Then just as I think everything is alright there is a small explosion to the rear of the petrol tank, a cloud of smoke and the dog will not try and start now. I think it is dead. So, I will be going to the meeting on my old Honda, hope it gets me there! :( :( :( :( :huh: :givemebeer:

EBi
Vorname: EBi

AW: Bulldog Kaput!!!!!!!!

Beitrag von EBi »

Oh what a fu.., hope you get there, good luck!
CU
LG
EBi via tapa
LG
EBi
Die schönste Verbindung zwischen zwei Punkten ist eine Kurve!

Doggerla
Vorname: Manni

Re: Bulldog Kaput!!!!!!!!

Beitrag von Doggerla »

Sounds pretty badly, hope you'll get it running again! However, have a pleasant trip to Saarland.

Best regards,
Doggerla

Blubber
Vorname: Ralf

Beitrag von Blubber »

Hey Jake,

these are very bad news indeed.
I really appreciate your efforts, still to come to the Saarland.
You are always welcome, no matter what kind of vehicle brings you there.

Have a safe ride and please remind me to spend you at least a beer to help you calming down.

I hope you can fix the dog soon and hopefully it is not a major defect.

Best wishes

Blubber
Meine Meinung steht fest - bitte verwirren Sie mich nicht
mit Tatsachen !

WullDee
Vorname: Waldi

Beitrag von WullDee »

Hey Jake,
sorry about hearing that.
Just check the "Ansaugstutzen" (don't have a clue what's that in english) which may have fell off the rear cylinder.
Had it on my former XV too ...
Hope you can fix it for small money and effort and otherwise you are very welcome on your Honda.

BTW,
you may also take the car as shown in your facebook account - cool thing!
Die linke Hand zum Gruß,
Waldi

Bild

YouTube ...... https://www.youtube.com/user/WullDee
Instagram ... https://www.instagram.com/wull_dee/

Andi
Vorname: Andi

Beitrag von Andi »

WullDee hat geschrieben: (don't have a clue what's that in english) which may have fell off the rear
JOINT, AIR CLEANER and JOINT, CARBURETOR
Wer schon nicht überzeugen kann, soll wenigstens für Verwirrung sorgen !

moppedwolf
Labertaschen Moderator
Vorname: Wolf

Beitrag von moppedwolf »

Hey jake,
maybe ask member andrasar. He had in BOC-meeting in Hittisau a one-cylinder-bulldog too. :wink:
There was a problem with the "Steuerzeiten" ( dont know the technical term, sorry).

Hope to see you soon with bulldog! ................ or Honda never mind. :alright:

Have a nice trip and cheers to the english team :wave:
wolf
WolfsGruss :wave: Unfall? Früher hatte ich zwei linke Hände, heute eine rechte! :mrgreen:
Cop'n'crashfree season!!![/i] :wink:

Axman
Vorname: Axel

Beitrag von Axman »

Hi Jake,

everybody seems to have a suggestion but you are still nond the wiser.. :roll:

Try this : probably the rear cylinder backfired while starting and pushed the carburator off the rubber-joint (joining the carb to the cylinder-head) This really isn´t a big thing and can be mended in half an hour. When relocating the carb, take a good look at the rubber joint (are there tears or cracks to be seen?) then clean the sealing area and tighten the hose-clamps correctly.
Now, while starting, keep the finger on the button till both cylinders fire and run correctly. (This starting-procedure is very important because backfiring not only pops the carbs but, much worse, could damage your starter-clutch :shock: )

Now there shouldn´t be any problem coming to the meeting with the dog...and in Nohfelden there will be lots of people willing to give your bike a once-over :-D

See you next week

Axman
...es ist ein Zeichen von Intelligenz seine Grenzen zu kennen..

Big Ade
Vorname: Ade

Beitrag von Big Ade »

Jake

Sorry to hear about your trouble with the dog but glad that you are still able to bike down to the 9th. My son (David) and I are meeting up with you, Lorraine, John and Mick for the trip. David and I thank Lorraine for making the bookings, not a simple task I know.

Having read your replies I reckon Axeman is on track and if he is right it looks like a relatively simple fix (easy for me to say). Anyway, good luck with it. If you have to ride the Honda then David will feel less obvious on his Suzuki.

See you all at Wrotham Cafe at about 11:30am on Tuesday. Looks like it will be a damp trip.

Cheers

Ade

Topic author
jake
Vorname: Jake (John)

Beitrag von jake »

After having a great time going to and coming back from the bulldog meet it was time to play with the dog.....no such luck....the starter clutch has decided to lock up so I cannot turn the engine over. Now where is that big hammer? On a lighter note, myself and Lorraine had a great time in Gemany meeting old and new friends. We had good company riding to the meet, and going home and I want to thank them for that. Also thanks to the organisers for putting on a great time, can't wait for next year, the dog might be working!!!!!
ride safe Jake.
Antworten