Does anyone know where I could get a new tank for a Bulldog?

All about the BT1100

Topic author
Jamm13dodger

Does anyone know where I could get a new tank for a Bulldog?

Beitrag von Jamm13dodger »

At my most recent MoT the tester spotted a rust bubble on my fuel tank. Could already be a hole but don't want to have it pop on me unexpectedly. I'd like to get a new tank as this one appears to have rust internally but Yamaha want £800 for one. I've seen one on EBay but the company concerned have had some sort of fire at their premises and apparently its no longer available.

Any ideas or leads would be gratefully received, cheers, Rob

WullDee
Vorname: Waldi
Re: Does anyone know where I could get a new tank for a Bull

Beitrag von WullDee »

Hey Rob,
welcome to the board!
What year is your Bulldog? The tank locks differ between the models <2005 (RP051) and 2005 and up (RP052).
If you own a <2005, you won't be able to use the tank lock any more (doesn't fit).

Tanks for RP051 aren't that rare, but if one is selled than it would have probably some "injuries" due to accidents. But if it's only damaged due to a crash, it might be possible to repair it with some filler and a paint job.
Tanks for RP052 are rare, you need to have some luck to get one.

Just try www.ebay.de or wait for some answers here on the board.
Good luck!
Die linke Hand zum Gruß,
Waldi

Bild

YouTube ...... https://www.youtube.com/user/WullDee
Instagram ... https://www.instagram.com/wull_dee/

Topic author
Jamm13dodger

My bike is 2005 so I'd need the newer tank. Thanks for the advice. I've found a couple on a Dutch site that might do the trick and will get a Dutch friend of mine to translate for me to see if the seller will ship to the UK or not. Like you day there's a small amount of damage but I'd like to do a custom paint job on the tank and fender anyway so that's not too bad.

Thanks for the welcome by the way - rude of me to wade in asking questions without introducing myself :shock:

I'm from just North of Cambridge in England and have been riding my 2005 Bulldog for the last year. Been riding for 8 years or so and I ride all year round as I use the bike to commute to and from work. I will give in and take my wifes car if there is bad snow and ice but I hate having to do that. Lived in Germany at Wildenrath for 9 years as my dad was in the RAF but sadly speak very little German. All my German friends spoke great English. Would love to come back over sometime so maybe a nice ride to Harwich one year, ferry to the Hook of Holland and a run down into Germany. If anyone from East Anglia fancies doing so let me know and well see what we can come up with.

Cheers, Rob

BulldogAC
Vorname: Heinz

Beitrag von BulldogAC »

Hallo Rob,

wellcome to the board. Nice to hear from someone in UK knowing my countryside. I was born near to Heinsberg and now I´m near to Aachen. On this board there are some members from the region around Wildenrath. Come back and have a look how it´s now. No jets, a testing area for trains.

Greetings from germany
but at the moment from Berwick upon Tweed

BulldogAC

John w

Beitrag von John w »

Hi Rob,

Welcome to the BOC, a truly international club. If you fancy a trip to Germany why not come along to the International Bulldog Treffen in June? I'm going over with Mick P via the Tunnel. Leaving UK on Wednesday 22nd an returning on Monday 27th. It's always a good event and you will meet some great people and make many friends. This is our 7th visit to the event and it's like visiting family now! :-D
You would be most welcome to join us. I have already arranged hotels in Antwerp and Bruges for the outbound/inbound legs of the trip so no planning needed by you, just plenty of fuel and a bit of luggage! Give it some thought. PM me if you want to know more.

Regards from Hereford,

John W :cooool:

PS - if you do come along be prepared to laugh a lot and get lost on most days. Our sat navs always get it wrong but it's all part of the fun! :lol:

Blubber
Vorname: Ralf

Beitrag von Blubber »

Merhaba khalif from Therevauxhall :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It is good to read that we meet in June. I wonder how many riders from the isle are
coming over this year.
You are right, we are going to have a very good time again.

All the best to you guys from UK

Blubber
Meine Meinung steht fest - bitte verwirren Sie mich nicht
mit Tatsachen !

John w

Beitrag von John w »

Hi Blubber,

There are 6 Brits on the list so far, maybe 7 if Rob joins us.

Would you like me to 'chop' your Bulldog this year as I offered to a couple of years ago? I have a new and bigger hammer now! :twisted:

best wishes,

John :rasp:

Topic author
Jamm13dodger

Thanks everyone. John, sounds interesting, i' ve sent you a PM.

Cheers, Rob.
Antworten