Greetings from Manchester UK

All about the BT1100

Topic author
oodoom

Greetings from Manchester UK

Beitrag von oodoom »

Hello all, and many thanks for running this forum in English as well - to my shame my German is very very bad!

My names Adam, from Manchester UK, Ive owned my Bulldog for nearly a year now. Its a fantastic bike, I love the looks and the engine. Looking for fellow Bulldog owners in the Northwest of England - am I the only one?!

I bought the bike with a hugger, braided brake lines, Givi rack and box, and Scorpion cans. Since then Ive had the seat reshaped and covered, fitted progressive fork springs, the taller Yamaha flyscreen, crash bungs, flatter Renthal bars with bar-end mirrors, de-restricted the crabs, and taken the baffles out of the cans (sounds awesome now!).

This year I hope to extract a little more power from the engine (airbox, jets etc?) and perhaps a rear shock. My big issue at the moment though is the AIS - yesterday I found some holes in the front AIS pipe where it enters the exhaust. So Im thinking about removing the AIS altogether - has anyone got any advice about this?

This forum seems like a very friendly place to be, am looking forward to hearing about other peoples expereinces with their Bulldogs!

Cheers

Adam

WullDee
Vorname: Waldi
Re: Greetings from Manchester UK

Beitrag von WullDee »

Hi Adam,
wishing you a Happy New Year.
Unfortunately i cannot answer your technical questions, but I'm sure somebody will.

Welcome to the board!
Die linke Hand zum Gruß,
Waldi

Bild

YouTube ...... https://www.youtube.com/user/WullDee
Instagram ... https://www.instagram.com/wull_dee/

Toto
Vorname: Thorsten

Beitrag von Toto »

Hi Adam,

congrats to your choice of bike :-) and welcome to the forum.
We do have more users from England and they even meet us at the yearly "Bulldog meeting".

As far as the AIS is concerned, I know that a couple of members have it removed. I did not myself yet as I don't have the technical skills, but it should absolutely not harm anything to remove it.

There is also a french forum which did a description how to do it

forum.bulldog-bt1100.de/download/file.p ... hp?id=6359

Hope this helps as a starting point.

Once again welcome to the forum.

KR

Thorsten
Allzeit Gute Fahrt
Toto

gv66
Vorname: Guido

Beitrag von gv66 »

Hello Adam
Welcome in our forum,
with best regards
Guido (gv66) from Mülheim an der Ruhr

Blubber
Vorname: Ralf

Beitrag von Blubber »

Good morning Adam,

welcome to the board of crazy Bulldog riders.
Be sure that there is going to be someone who will/can answer your technical questions.

Have fun on your bike and with this forum.

All the best

Blubber
Meine Meinung steht fest - bitte verwirren Sie mich nicht
mit Tatsachen !

Axman
Vorname: Axel

Beitrag von Axman »

Hi Adam,

congrats to your bike-choice and welcome to this forum...

Regarding the holes in your AIS-pipe it is absolutely vital to not run the engine anymore! If you do, this could result in seriously damaging it :shock: As the intake system is´nt airtight anymore, the front cylinder can now draw unfiltered - and unwanted - air through these holes thus spoiling the fuel/air-ratio which then leads to an extremely hot combustion. And sooner or later this will then unquestionably result in a major engine failure due to a big hole in your piston-crown!
This is why , when taking the AIS off, you should make abolutely sure that you plug the holes in the cylinder-head airtight and do the same to the hoses leading to the carburators. I machined these plugs from a aluminum-bar and glued them in place with "Loctite". Removing the AIS has no negative effect whatsoever on engine performance..so, go right ahead :wink:

With all the mods you´ve already done you now should change the main jets to 132,5 size (you´ll get them from Mikuni UK or http://www.mikuni-topham.de/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; from him you´ll get a bigger airbox-intake manifold too ) regulate Co to 4,5/5,0% and the idle-rpm to 1100 and you are ready to go..

The single best mod I made to my bulldog was changing the standard shock to an adjustable one from "Wilbers" ( http://www.wilbers.de/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) They got one especially made for our bike.

Have fun with your bike, and if you still got questions fell free to ask them..

Regards

Axman
...es ist ein Zeichen von Intelligenz seine Grenzen zu kennen..

rawe
Vorname: Rainer

Beitrag von rawe »

Hallo Adam,
welcomeani.gif in this forum.
with best regards from Berlin
Rainer
Erwache und lache

hotdog
Vorname: Klaas

Beitrag von hotdog »

Hi Adam,
I wish you a Happy New Bulldog Year, welcome to the board!

Best regards from Holland.
"1 Zylinder ist eine zu wenig von daher 2"

bulldog1
Vorname: johan

Beitrag von bulldog1 »

:wink: Hello Adam
Welcome in our forum, with best regards
johan from holland :cool:
Nait soezen moar deur broezen! BildBild

John w

Beitrag von John w »

Hi Adam,

Greetings from Hereford (that's a place on the Welsh border near Worcester/Gloucester!).

Well done on joining a 'rare breed' of motorcyclists. You have probably noticed that you do not see many Bulldogs on the UK roads. I'm sure you will enjoy the Bulldog, it is a great bike and very underrated.

A few of us will be travelling to Germany in the summer - see the link for 8th International Bulldog Treffen. You would be most welcome to join us. It's always a great weekend (7th visit this year) and you will make many good friends.

Best wishes,

John W :joker:

foxxy

Beitrag von foxxy »

Hi Adam
Greetings from Bedfordshire :)
These good people have helped me loads especially Axman regarding unrestricting/re jetting the carbs etc.
Great bike, Great noise with Fuel cans on "just can't seem to find my baffles Officer" :wink:
and find I run out of revs to quick :-D

Regards Foxxy.
Foxxy "Scully..... owza owza"

jake
Vorname: Jake (John)

Beitrag von jake »

Hi Adam,
My name is Jake and hail from Preston,so just around the corner really.How have you gone on with the AIS system? Not been on the site for a few weeks ,so didn't answer your query.I have removed the AIS system with a kit from america for the xvs 1100.Takes about half an hour and really cleans the lines of the bike up with no effect to the performance.The kit is from Barrons and is not expensive,if you google your query you will get a pictorial step by step guide.Good luck and wellcome to a great bunch of people.Keep in touch.

rigcrash

Beitrag von rigcrash »

Hi Adam and Jake . Thanks for you E-mail containing the Manuals. My last E-mail was cut short when My Computer started to write in italics. So I sent what was in normal text. To Jake: I am interested in your location i.e. Preston. So am I. I have just bought a 2003 Bulldog and coming to terms with it.
Generally having looked at the site and watched the international gathering video's, a whole new world seems to be opening up. By the way Hello to all you Europeans out there . I hope to meet up with you in the future.

Blubber
Vorname: Ralf

Beitrag von Blubber »

Hello rigcrash,

a warm welcome to the board of enthusiastic Bulldog riders.

Make sure to meet up with the guys and girls who are coming over to the Saarland for the next years 9th International meeting.

Have fun with your bike and ride safe.

Blubber
Meine Meinung steht fest - bitte verwirren Sie mich nicht
mit Tatsachen !

jaketheted

Beitrag von jaketheted »

Hi Rigcrash,
Good to hear of another Dog rider in my locale,that makes three of us.My mobile number is 07740398845 to arrange a meet if you want.I go to St.Annes on a monday night quite regular and Lower Barn at Rivington during the week.Perhaps you will go to the meet in Germany next year,you wont be disappointed as they are a great bunch of people.If you have been looking at the photos on picasa web I am the one that gets the furthest travel trophy.Anyway give us a bell anytime..................Jake
Antworten