short in stature

everything about the chassis

Topic author
trickortreat

short in stature

Beitrag von trickortreat »

hi all , as your probably all aware i,m yes a newby...we all have to start somewhere lol. my problem is... I aquired my bt1100 BULLDOG 2 months ago what a bike ! brilliant. the only problem is I'm only short 5.5 28 inside leg , yep pityfull . anyway what I wanna know is does lowering the suspension with the aid of the dogbones that can be purchased on ebay alter the handling and are they easily fitted , i'm desperate to do something as the confidence is dwildeling fast especially as i pull up to the lights... help is needed and fast ...please
paul

WullDee
Vorname: Waldi
Beitrag von WullDee »

Hi Paul!
Where are you from? Did you already register at the british Bulldog forum >>>click<<<?
Maybe you get some help there regarding the lowering and/or test-driving a lowered dog.
What's your height in metric? There is at least one female Bulldog rider I know, who has lowered the bike and is doing well (Miss *).
Die linke Hand zum Gruß,
Waldi

Bild

YouTube ...... https://www.youtube.com/user/WullDee
Instagram ... https://www.instagram.com/wull_dee/

Topic author
trickortreat

lowering

Beitrag von trickortreat »

hi , thanks for the reply , my height in metric is 165cm with a leg length of 71cm...short eh! lol. there is ajustment to be had on the bike , but when myself and my girlfriend are on it the tension needs winding back so the dogbones look a good option assuming they work. that where you guys come in , was hoping someone else was short and solved the dilema.... hers hoping
paul

Axman
Vorname: Axel

Beitrag von Axman »

Hi Paul,

lowering the seathight by installing those "dogbones" seems to be a feasible alternative to changing the whole shock (from www.wilbers.de for example..they can provide shorter a shorter shock with hydraulic spring tensioner)..and as the installation is very easy it should take even the most "mechanically challenged" twenty minutes max. :wink:
And if that isn´t enough, try changing the upholstery on the seat..

Axman
Cheers
...es ist ein Zeichen von Intelligenz seine Grenzen zu kennen..

John w

Beitrag von John w »

Hi Paul,

The dogbones definately work. Mick P fitted them to his dog to make it lower. Very good with no handling problems. :thumbleft:

John W

Axeman - see you in Austria! :wave:
Antworten