Tyre Choice

Everything you want to know about Tires

Topic author
Lezanta

Beitrag von Lezanta »

Hi Axman

Finally i think that i will choose Michelin Pilot Road 2 when the time comes (i always like Michelin) but i was comfused for a moment.

Thanks again!!

I really like this forum and all the answers that you can get here, everyone are very friendly :!:

Axman what about with the kit from Krause for the 2005 model that you was going to ask? Any news???

Regards Giorgos

Axman
Vorname: Axel

Beitrag von Axman »

Hi Georgios,

be a little patient my friend..

The Bulldog is still in the workshop ..so, as soon as I get it back I´ll answer your questions, ok? :wink:

Oh, but I forgot to ask you : does your Bulldog have Catalytic Converters??

Greets

from the Axman

Topic author
Lezanta

Beitrag von Lezanta »

Hi Axman,

Sorry, but i'm impatient with everything.
Take your time, there is no hurry.

About the Catalytic Converters, i realy don't know, doesn't all models have? How can i understand if mine has? Can i? or i must ask the dealer for that?

(You really impress me with "Georgios" you wrote! Have you ever been in Greece? or "Georgios" is international name and i don't know it!!)

I'm reading about the meeting in Black Forrest and i am really jealous that i can't come.
I just hope that you make and a 5th meeting next year and i could be able to enjoy you (you are far from here but i don't care about it), just goes everything good with my work this year and surely i 'll come next year(if there is any meeting).

Regards Giorgos

Martin_CZ
Tire mileage on the Bulldog

Beitrag von Martin_CZ »

Hello,

I have ContiForce on my Bulldog and I'm not satisfied at all. The feeling which I got from Metzeler's MeZ3 is all gone (although there is some grip on the Conti). What is strange - the tread is really disappearing before my eyes :-/ Only made some 4000 km on it and I have about 0,5mm till the legal depth.
I am considering the Michelin's Pilot Road II (good news that they have won the test), but what should I expect? Is there going to be a better mileage on these "upper-class" tires, or shall I be prepared to loose more money on the same distance?
I am a very relaxed rider - no aggresive starts on the traffic lights, usual travel speed around 100-120 km/h. So I really see no reason why I loose the tread so quickly.

Thanks for any advices!

Martin

WullDee
Vorname: Waldi
Beitrag von WullDee »

Hi Martin,
Martin_CZ hat geschrieben:I have ContiForce on my Bulldog and I'm not satisfied at all. The feeling which I got from Metzeler's MeZ3 is all gone (although there is some grip on the Conti). What is strange - the tread is really disappearing before my eyes :-/ Only made some 4000 km on it and I have about 0,5mm till the legal depth.
My MEZ3 lasted for only 5.750Km (rear wheel), and that was already below the legal depth of 1.6mm in Germany.
Concerning the Conti Force, I've got no experiences - but it seems that all actual Conti Tires have got a less lasting rubber for the benefit of more grip.
By the way, the handling of my MEZ3 were very bad the last kilometers ... esp. in comparison to my brand new Bridgestones.
Martin_CZ hat geschrieben:I am considering the Michelin's Pilot Road II (good news that they have won the test), but what should I expect? Is there going to be a better mileage on these "upper-class" tires, or shall I be prepared to loose more money on the same distance?
The PR2 is, similar to the Bridgestone's BT021, made in two component technic - a more lasting rubber compound for the middle tread and a more softly compound for the sides for a better grip.
I will check out the detailed test results and let you know, what mileage estimates have been made for the different tires ...
Die linke Hand zum Gruß,
Waldi

Bild

YouTube ...... https://www.youtube.com/user/WullDee
Instagram ... https://www.instagram.com/wull_dee/

WullDee
Beitrag von WullDee »

Mileage estimates:
AVON Storm-ST Front: 12.000 Km / Rear: 8.500 Km
Bridgestone BT021 Front: 19.000 Km / Rear: 9.500 Km
Continental Road Attack Front: 21.000 Km / Rear: 8.000 Km
Dunlop Sportmax D220ST Front: 18.000 Km / Rear: 8.500 Km
Metzeler Roadtec Z6 Front: 13.000 Km / Rear: 13.000 Km (*)
Michelin Pilot Road 2 Front: 22.500 Km / Rear: 12.000 Km
Pirelli Diablo Strada Front: 16.000 Km / Rear: 12.000 Km

(*) no real estimation, because there's no tread channel in the middle of the rear wheel

All values above are forward projected on the basis of the experienced rubber wastage during testdriving (5.000 Km).
Die linke Hand zum Gruß,
Waldi

Bild

Martin_CZ
Beitrag von Martin_CZ »

WulDee: well, thanks a lot for the results! I will definitely go into 2-compound tire. Which bike was used for the testing?

WullDee
Beitrag von WullDee »

Hi Martin,
the long distance measures for all tires have been made on a Triumph Sprint ST.
Actually, they used seven bikes.
Die linke Hand zum Gruß,
Waldi

Bild

Topic author
RadioAmateur

BT1100 - Tire

Beitrag von RadioAmateur »

Just changed the Tyres on my 2007 Bulldog for Michelin Pilot Road 2, The Original Metzelers lasted for about 8000Kms. VERY Impressed with the Pilot Road 2's. Grip, Feel & Handling in my opinion far better than the Metzelers. The Tyre Fitter suggested that I could get upto twice the distance from the Road 2's Will keep you posted. VERY Happy so far.

Best Regards

Andy (Radio Amateur)

Ben

Tyres

Beitrag von Ben »

Hello Nige. A week ago I replace my original tyres with a set of Avon Storms. Not done many miles yet but they seem good

IIIrd

Beitrag von IIIrd »

i had avon storms on my ZZR1100, very good tyres, both in wet and dry. when the metzlers wear out on my bulldog the avons will be the tyres i use

IIIrd

Beitrag von IIIrd »

i had avon storms on my ZZR1100, very good tyres, both in wet and dry. when the metzlers wear out on my bulldog the avons will be the tyres i use

IIIrd

Beitrag von IIIrd »

new tyres!! michelin pilot road 2's.....i'm very happy :-D

IIIrd

Beitrag von IIIrd »

new tyres!! michelin pilot road 2's.....i'm very happy :-D

Strelnikov

Beitrag von Strelnikov »

I get dunlop roadsmart

feel good.

road hard corners passing very safely.
Antworten