English Roads

You can post all funny things here during the winter period. This section will be cleared automatically after 20 days.

Topic author
John w

English Roads

Beitrag von John w »

Hi,

Anyone thinking of riding to the UK? Check this out first :lol:

http://jalsbo.com/bus/English_roundabout.html

John w

Axman
Vorname: Axel

Beitrag von Axman »

Hi John,

are you * us..?? For the last twenty minutes I´m trying to figure out how to ride in that roundabout.. :shock: :shock:

I´m thinking of..: aiming, closing my eyes..and gassing it...right?? :wink:

Cheers

Axman

Topic author
John w

Beitrag von John w »

Hi Axman,

That sounds like a good idea! I can see no logical way of navigating around it. I would also close my eyes! :twisted:

John w

chorley-bulldog

ROUNDABOUT

Beitrag von chorley-bulldog »

Hi to all,

I am a driving instructor in the U.K.

I have never seen such a roundabout.

If this is not a joke i too would crap myself. !!!!

Safe Riding.

Cheers

Dave.

Topic author
John w

Beitrag von John w »

Hi Dave,

I'm not sure where it is - but that's probably a good thing! :)
Let's hope its up in the far North somewhere and well out of our way! Apologies to any Scottish Bulldog riders.

John w

chorley-bulldog

Beitrag von chorley-bulldog »

Hi John w,

How long have you had your Bulldog?

Did you see the slating of it by the Motorcycle news.

In a write up on 167 bikes, they gave it a 4/10. was so annoyed I wrote to them and gave them what for. But they are ony one boring upstart opinion on what is a good bike.

Went for a ride through the Trough of Bowland on easter Sunday. Then home and back to gardening. What a treat!.

Safe riding.

Dave.

Topic author
John w

Beitrag von John w »

Hello Dave,

I've owned the 'Dog for just over 2 years. I think it's a great bike. Looks greatd. Comfortable. No chain :-D . I will be keeping it for some time as by owning it and joining in with various events I have got to know some good people.
I'm off to the 3rd International Bulldog Treffen in Germany next month with Mick P :-D

I also agree the journalists don't know what they're talking about. In the UK, if it's not a sports bike and isn't continually being improved to get another 2bhp and weigh less than it did previously - then it's crap! Well, I say that people with this attitude aren't true motorcyclists - they are wannabe racers/fashion freaks. Surely the fact thet you ride a bike is good no matter what it is or how fast it goes. As far as I can see, the average biker can't handle extremely powerful, cutting edge bikes - that's why the accidents happen.
So stay alive and ride something like the Bulldog. It will still go fast enough to lose your driving licence if you are not careful. :evil:

Anyway - enough of my ranting! Enjoy your Bulldog :twisted:

Maybe you will do a trip to Europe with us somtime?

Oh yes, almost forgot - that roundabout is in Swindon, Wiltshire - so don't go there!

Cheers ~ John w

Axman
Vorname: Axel

Beitrag von Axman »

Hello John,

I´m sure you´ve already posted it..but I just can´t find it :oops:

When are you coming over (with Mick P.) for the Bulldog-Meet in Willingen ? Thursday or Friday ? Are you meeting with Paul and the rest ?

Cheers

Axman

Topic author
John w

Beitrag von John w »

Hi Axman,

Sorry for the delay in replying.
We are riding to Antwerp on Thursday 11th. To Willingen on the Friday 12th.
I believe that you and Paul are going to Willingen on Thursday so we will see you there.
There are 3 of us coming over. Another Bulldog rider contacted me last week and wished to join us. He is Dave from Wales. I hope to meet him next Sunday.
It would be good to meet up with some other Bulldog riders on the road to Willingen.
:arrow: Is there anyone reading this who would like to meet up? Any riders from Belgium or The Netherlands going to Germany? We are happy to vary our route - we don't mind where we go! - All roads lead to Willingen! :P

See ya soon :lol:
Cheers ~ John w
Antworten