Problems what I find on my bulldog and some solutions

Everything about the engine

Topic author
janko

Problems what I find on my bulldog and some solutions

Beitrag von janko »

The last problem I find is on plastic cap from left engine side. This cap is use to be able rotating crankshaft during valve setup clearance. Like you see on pictures this cap is made from plastic and cowered with thin film of nical. From some reason this thin film is decided to break in some little parts, and with oil this parts are travel thru engine. For sure some of them will be stopped in oil filter, but who can guarantee to me that this parts are not now in some little oil channels, and waiting to produce big damage?? I am asking for technical support from local (regional) Yamaha dealers, but with no respond. It is maybe known problem, and no one is informed me, is there any patch for this problem (like on windows :) )
There is speaking about bulldog produced in 2001 with number ZD0RP05100000225.
Dateianhänge
IMG_0355_2.jpg
IMG_0355_2.jpg (69.67 KiB) 1438 mal betrachtet
IMG_0355_2.jpg
IMG_0355_2.jpg (69.67 KiB) 1438 mal betrachtet

sandro
Vorname: Sandro

Beitrag von sandro »

Holy *, Janko! :shock:
I immediately had a look at the plastic cap of my bulldog - thanks god it is o.k.!
Never heard about this problem before. :?

sandro
Vorname: Sandro

Beitrag von sandro »

Hey janko,

look here: viewtopic.php?t=3993

sandro

Topic author
janko

Beitrag von janko »

sandro hat geschrieben:Hey janko,

look here: viewtopic.php?t=3993

sandro
My German is not so good, but I understand that you organize production of spare parts :cool: .. I believe that some of us hawed these problems, and Yamaha know for this problem, because you cannot order “old” plastic cap, only new one after modification :shock: .. I decide to clean thin film on nical, and hope it will be OK :wink: .. Davor..

Axman
Vorname: Axel

Beitrag von Axman »

Hi Janko,

as you have already guessed, Sandro is organizing the production of a new Plug made of Aluminium (instead of Plastic)
The price is going to be ca. 10€ and he is planning to sell this part through the BOC-Shop (look above)

Just change the plug and no more worries about nikal flakes travelling through your oil-channels..

cheers

from the Axman
Antworten