Home from Treffen 20 (in German too)

all about bike events and meets

Topic author
Big Ade
Vorname: Ade

Home from Treffen 20 (in German too)

Beitrag von Big Ade »

Hallo meine Freunde
Ich freue mich auf das Treffen 20 im Juni.
Route nach Treffen steht und Hotels gebucht (7. Juni Calais – Ibis in Wuppertal – 8. Juni Luisenthal)
Ich werde mit David und unserem Bulldog UK-Freund Jez zusammen sein. Ich treffe Leute und ich kenne sie, aber ich kann mich nicht an ihre Namen erinnern (ich vergesse jetzt viele Dinge). Ich denke, je älter wir werden, desto schwieriger wird es, damit zu leben. Meine Frau sagte, ich mache drei Dinge, die sie wirklich nerven, erstens höre ich nicht zu, ich weiß nicht, was die anderen sind.
Was ich brauche, sind ein paar Vorschläge von Ihnen für eine Übernachtung zwischen Luisenthal und Ypern, ungefähr auf halber Strecke einer schönen Route in einer netten Stadt, und eine nicht zu teure Unterkunft (unter 60 € pro Stück), von der es drei geben wird uns. Etwa 5 Stunden entspanntes Reisen pro Tag ist unser Ziel.
Rückweg flexibel.
Gebucht in Ypern (Belgien) für die Montagnacht vor dem Kanaltunnel am Dienstag.
Es ist hier heute 6, also freue ich mich auf eine heiße Fahrt mit offenem Verdeck

Ade

That is Google translate so here is the same thing in English

Hello my friends
Looking forward to Treffen 20 in June.
Route to Treffen is set and hotels booked (7th June Calais –Ibis in Wuppertal – 8th June Luisenthal)
I will be with David and our Bulldog UK meet buddy Jez. I meet people and I know them but I can’t remember their names (I forget lots of things now). I think as we get older we become more difficult live with. My wife said I do three things that really annoy her, the first is I don’t listen, I don’t know what the others are.
What I need is some suggestions from you for an overnight stay between Luisenthal and Ypres, about halfway along a pretty route in a nice town, and a place to stay that is not too expensive (less than €60 each) there will be three of us. About 5 hours relaxed travel per day is our target.
Route back flexible.
Booked in at Ypres (Belgium) for the Monday night before the Tuesday channel tunnel.
It is 6 degrees here today so looking forward to a hot drive with the top down.

Stay safe, stay healthy and be lucky.

Ade

WullDee
Vorname: Waldi
Re: Home from Treffen 20 (in German too)

Beitrag von WullDee »

Hi Adrian,
maybe you should consider to search an accomodation around the Nürburgring (well known for its Grand Prix circuit), that's almost half way to Ypern located in the Eifel area.
You can try to find some rooms at https://www.tourenfahrer-hotels.de/en/ - Tourenfahrer.de is a motorcycle magazine and has lots of partner hotels.

And I'm sorry, I can't suggest routes and hotels, too less experience in that area.
Die linke Hand zum Gruß,
Waldi

Bild

YouTube ...... https://www.youtube.com/user/WullDee
Instagram ... https://www.instagram.com/wull_dee/

Karotte
Vorname: Rudi

Beitrag von Karotte »

Good Morning Ade ,

nearly halfway is Bad Münstereifel. There you find a nice youth hostel.

https://www.jugendherberge.de/jugendher ... /portraet/

The prices are cheap ,the location is nice to go out and eat or drink something.

If you like i can send the information to David , we are still in contact.

See you in Thüringen.
Ich weiß sie ist geil.. aber bitte nicht am Lack lecken

Topic author
Big Ade
Vorname: Ade

Beitrag von Big Ade »

Thanks for that Rudi, David sent me the link. I feel I should open up the decision to my fellow travellers so for that reason we have asked Jen why his thoughts are. It will be great to meet up again, maybe have a beer?
Wulldee, I watch hours of drivers at Nurburgring on Youtube and the idea of sitting there watching it happen live in front of me is very appealing. Certainly worth considering. I would especially like to thank you, Jorg and all the others on the organising team for all your work on Treffen 20. It really is appreciated, can I bring you anything from the UK?
Not long now, stay safe and be lucky.
Ade
Antworten