engine oil

Everything about the engine

Topic author
perok
Vorname: Peter

engine oil

Beitrag von perok »

Hello,

I know that a lot has been written about the engine oil but i still have one question.
Now I'm using the Motul 10w 40, 5100 ester technosyntese engine oil.
I wonder if this is a correct oil for Bulldog, because this is an old air colled engine.
I saw a guy on a Youtube that he was using the Motul 20W 50, 3000 mineral for a bulldog.

What do you think, please share your opinion.

Eddie
Vorname: Ralf

Re: engine oil

Beitrag von Eddie »

Hi Perok,

I think, there' s no reason to use expensive synthetic oil for the Bulldog, but if the clutch ist working with that, you can take it.
I prefer mineral 15W-40 or something else.

Greets, Eddie
Es liegt in der Natur des Menschen vernünftig zu denken und unvernünftig zu handeln.

Topic author
perok

Beitrag von perok »

The clutch is working just fine, but i have a little clatering noise from cylinder heads when the engine is under load (acceleration), from about 3.000 to 4.000 rpm. It sounds like rocker arms or something.
So because of that I'm going to use a different oil. Perhaps it will help to reduce the noise. The valves are set correctly in the middle of a tolerance.
I'll keep you posted when I change the oil.

regards Peter

Topic author
perok

Beitrag von perok »

The clutch is working just fine, but i have a little clatering noise from cylinder heads when the engine is under load (acceleration), from about 3.000 to 4.000 rpm. It sounds like rocker arms or something.
So because of that I'm going to use a different oil. Perhaps it will help to reduce the noise. The valves are set correctly in the middle of a tolerance.
I'll keep you posted when I change the oil.

regards Peter
Antworten