I'll have one in bronze

You can post all funny things here during the winter period. This section will be cleared automatically after 20 days.

Topic author
Big Ade
Vorname: Ade

I'll have one in bronze

Beitrag von Big Ade »

This is the story of the tourist who walked into a Brighton curio/antique shop.

After looking around for a while, he noticed a very life-like bronze statue of a rat. It had no price tag, but it was so striking that he decided to have it anyway. So he took it to the owner and said: "How much is this bronze rat?"

The owner replied: "It is £12 for the rat, and £100 for the story."

Well the tourist gave the man his £12 and said: "I'll just take the rat - you can keep the story."

As he walked off down the street, he noticed that a few real rats had crawled out of the sewers and had begun to follow him and this gradually grew into a small swarm. This was a little disconcerting, so he started to walk a little faster, but in a very short while the swarm of rats had grown to hundreds, and they were all squealing & screeching in a very menacing way. He increased his speed and ran on towards the sea, and as he ran, he looked behind him and saw the rats now numbered in their MILLIONS, and they were running faster & faster. By now very concerned, he ran out onto the end of the pier and threw the bronze rat far out into the water.

Amazingly, the millions of real rats jumped into the water after it and were all drowned.

The man walked back to the shop intending to relate all this owner, who said: "Ah, you've come back for the story then!"

"No," said the tourist - "I came back to see if you've got a bronze Muslim fundamentalist cleric, and anything from Pakistan.
Antworten