New Bulldog Owner.

All about the BT1100

Topic author
detec52

New Bulldog Owner.

Beitrag von detec52 »

Hi everyone my name is Rob i live in england and i have just got a new 05 Bulldog, and love it to bit's. After many many bikes in 35 years this is the one!!!!!! its a graet machine, looks like i will spend many hours on this site, everyone seems very friendly, see you soon. Rob.

Tik

Beitrag von Tik »

Hi Rob, waiting for your first impressions. I shall post mine in the small talk area.
All the best, Titus

Topic author
detec52

Beitrag von detec52 »

Hi Titus i love the power of the bike it pulls like a train, also seems to handle well to, looking foeward to many happy miles. Kind Regards Rob.

John w

Beitrag von John w »

Hi Rob,

Welcome. Sounds like your thoughts on the bike are like mine - and quite a few others who own Bulldogs. It is a great bike!
Numbers in the UK seem to be increasing, but the bikes are still a rare sight.
We had a Bulldog Riders meet at the National Motorcycle Museum recently which attracted 10 'Dogs. This was up on last years 6! There are more than that out there though.
In the June a few of us travelled to Glauchau to the German meet. It was a really good trip and we want to go again. Maybe you and a few others will join us next time?
There could be another UK meet towards the end of the summer but nothing arranged yet.
Enjoy your Bulldog! :thumbup:

Cheers ~ John w

Topic author
detec52

Beitrag von detec52 »

Hi John its * down here at the moment so i wont be out today, what sort of millage can i expect to get from the rubber? i have just changed the screen to yam's flip up, have yet to test it out but it is about 3in bigger than the dog's original, hope you get another uk meet i would love to come along and see some more bikes like mine. Stay safe Rob.

John w

Beitrag von John w »

Hi Rob,

Depending on your style you could get 4500+ miles on a set of tyres.
The screens do make a difference especially on longer trips.
There was some discussion on the other forum re a meet but it died out as no-one could really agree on a venue! I suppose that to attract Bulldogs from all directions it should be somewhere in the middle of the country. Maybe I'll draw a load of lines on the map from one end of the UK to the other and see which place is nearest the centre. No-one can then say I'm Northernist, Southerenist, Easternist or Westernist. Although they probably will because of the order I wrote them down!!!!!!! #-o We should have another meet before winter comes.

I'm suffering withdrawal symtoms as I've had no time to get on the 'Dog due to DIY overload - only the toilet left to fit!

Cheers~John w

Mick P

Beitrag von Mick P »

Hi John Rob & Tik

First to Rob and Tik I hope you both enjoy your Bulldogs and welcome to the group

Next to John you know i thought the idea of a meet was to get together with fellow riders talk about the things you enjoy the mods you can make and make new friends. Just as well that we by that i mean me, you, Barrie all our new German friends Paulchen from Holland and not to forget the flying Finn didn't turn around and say its to far I'm not travelling on motorways or autobahn!! Someone will always live near and the rest will have to travel.
I thought half the fun was getting there, riding a bike, getting of with a smile on your face isn't that why we ride Bulldogs.

Anyway get that WC fitted and lets go to the end of season :-D

Hope to see you soon John and meet you soon Rob

Regards Mick

Topic author
detec52

Beitrag von detec52 »

Cheers Mick yes hope to see you all soon, or b4 winter!!!!!! im in Northants and i dont mind where the meet is. Rob.

Axman
Vorname: Axel

Beitrag von Axman »

Atta boys...that´s the spirit..!!

when I´vo got everything sorted out, know the exact date (end of September) and location I´ll accept no excuses for not seeing you here in Germany for the "End-of-Season-Meet" !!

Cheers to all of you

Axman
...es ist ein Zeichen von Intelligenz seine Grenzen zu kennen..

John w

Beitrag von John w »

Hi Axman,

I hope it really is the very end of September - I have managed to get some time off work. The last day of September is a Friday so is it likely to be the weekend of 1st/2nd Oct? [-o<

Cheers ~ John w

Axman
Vorname: Axel

Beitrag von Axman »

Hi John

yep, that´s the weekend I have in mind..!

Like I said before, as soon as everything is arranged, I´ll let you all know

Cheers

Axman
...es ist ein Zeichen von Intelligenz seine Grenzen zu kennen..
Antworten