New seat cover - fitting

All about the BT1100

Topic author
Big Ade
Vorname: Ade

New seat cover - fitting

Beitrag von Big Ade »

I wonder if anyone can give me some advice? I bought on eBay a new seat cover form a chap in Poland who makes them to order. Nice job and well made but there are no instructions or recommendations to ensure that i get the smooth professional finish that I want.

Has anybody fitted one of these and if you have do have any tips for me. As far as I can tell there will be stretching and cutting involved (I have a Rabi friend who is good at this).

On another note altogether my long range seaweed weather forecast tool says that in 2012 it will be a very wet summer (sorry just noticed that this piece of seaweed is for last year).

Cheers

Ade

Steve
Vorname: Steve

Re: New seat cover - fitting

Beitrag von Steve »

Hey Ade, can help this?

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi6lDifsazs[/BBvideo]
"Die einen kennen mich, die anderen können mich!"
*Konrad Adenauer

Axman
Vorname: Axel

Beitrag von Axman »

Hi Ade,

I´ve got exactly the same seatcover (look at my album) and had the same problem of not knowing how to get it on.
The quality of the materials and the craftmanship are very good...I first had my doubts due to the very reasonable price.
The fitting of the cover is definitely not for the layman :? So I gave seat and cover to a professional - I didn´t want the "step" to the passenger part to be so steep - and he made a perfect job of it for 5o€ :-D

I´m still extremely satisfied..

Ride safe and I hope to see you all at the next "International Bulldog meet"

Tralaa

Axman
...es ist ein Zeichen von Intelligenz seine Grenzen zu kennen..

Topic author
Big Ade
Vorname: Ade

Beitrag von Big Ade »

Axeman

You are trully a sage of the first water. Having someone else fit the replacement was an inspired move. Why do I never learn?

I have many tools for stretching, pulling, fastening and bonding that I have used on carpet, upholstered seats and vehicle trim. So I decided that I could do it myself.

It took me just 15 minutes to strip of the old cover, clean up the base and brush the foam free of dust/particles. Almost 3 and half hours later I had the job done. I stretched, tugged, pulled and cursed for a solid 3 hours (neighbours kids had their vocabulary extended). I had blisters, cuts and scrapes on my hands and lots of temper tantrums, throwing tools about and dancing with rage.

DONT EVER DO THIS. NEVER TRY AND FIT A REPLACEMENT SEAT COVER ON A BULLDOG!

The problem is that you are trying to stretch across at least 5 different planes and each plane adjustment affects all the other planes, so frustrating.

Thanks for the very sane guidance, I will now start to listen.

Cheers

Ade

P.S. I am happy with the result, you will see it at Treffen10.

ronald53
Vorname: Ronald

Beitrag von ronald53 »

Big Ade hat geschrieben:The problem is that you are trying to stretch across at least 5 different planes and each plane adjustment affects all the other planes, so frustrating.
Too many planes can be frustrating, indeed.
tettenshirt.gif
tettenshirt.gif (193.72 KiB) 1591 mal betrachtet
tettenshirt.gif
tettenshirt.gif (193.72 KiB) 1591 mal betrachtet
Big Ade hat geschrieben:I am happy with the result, you will see it at Treffen10.
super.gif
BT1100 - 2007 / 75 PS / 100Nm.
Antworten