Service Manual for a 05 Bulldog

All about the BT1100

Topic author
Ben

Service Manual for a 05 Bulldog

Beitrag von Ben »

gypnose.gif Hello all. Does anyone have a 05 manual in English (PDF) that they could send to me. I have the 02 version but there are quite a few differences. I have checked this and other forums but no luck.

Due to working away from home and spending 5-6 weeks away at a time I found that the battery was very weak when new and would not turn the engine without 24 hrs on the optimate charger. My battery had to be changed after 2 1/2 years. (my VFR 750 only lasts 1 1/2 years). I have now started using a solar trickle charger which works very well. No charge controller required and it just fits straight onto the battery. Direct sunlight is not required, just daylight. I will post full details (with photos)in the future. The solar charger is being discounted at Maplins, with a price of only £9.99 a bargin!

lazy

Beitrag von lazy »

Try this link to Yamaha website.

http://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/comm ... anuals.jsp

It lets you download manuals for most models.
Unfortunately 05 manual is only in Spanish, but 04 is in English it that's any use.

Les

Topic author
Ben

Beitrag von Ben »

Thanx Les but I need the service manual, not the owners manual which I already have, This winter I'm looking to check the valves and carry out a through inspection.

Mick P

Beitrag von Mick P »

Hi Ben

i thought it was just the bolt ons that had changed the engin is the same i know the carbs are differant and there is talk of a cat in the exhaust but i wouldnt have thought the valve clearance would have changed mybe some one else can confirm this :?:

Regards Mick

sully22252

Beitrag von sully22252 »

Hi Ben

I have owners manuals for both the Mk 1 and Mk 2, but I also bought a CD Service manual on ebay for £1.99 plus postage, which covers both models, in English. It's not like a Haynes manual in that it assumes that you are a trained mechanic, but provides lots of exploded diagrams, the order of dismantling parts, torque settings, part numbers, tolerances, etc. but is very useful.
I can't upload it onto the computer, it will only let you run it from the disk, but it's worth getting if you know what you are doing around a bike.

The engine, gearbox, frame, drive shaft, bodywork, i.e. the basics, are the same on both bikes, and according to the manuals, so are the carbs, (I have both manuals in front of me and they both quote Mikuni BSR 37's) but after that there are far more differences than I at first realised, e.g. progressive fork springs as standard on the Mk 2, catalytic converters, new wiring loom, etc,etc. Doing the valves, however, is a doddle, none of the bucket and shim stuff, but even they don't seem to go out of adjustment.

Regards
Chris

darkforce

Re: Service Manual for a 05 Bulldog

Beitrag von darkforce »

Ben hat geschrieben:gypnose.gif Hello all. Does anyone have a 05 manual in English (PDF) that they could send to me. I have the 02 version but there are quite a few differences. I have checked this and other forums but no luck.
Hi All,

im allso looking for a (MK2 ?) 2005 and onwards repair shop service manual. If somone has it i would be really happy if somone could send it by mail or perhaps upload it to the upload section of this board. Thanks

Darkforce

Strelnikov

Beitrag von Strelnikov »

Hi!

I have BT1100 service manual 2002 Eng PDF.
RAR-archive 8 Mb

Unfortunately forget where I download it..

If some body need it, I will send e-mail. Strelnikov_sv@inbox.ru

in addition
I have got Russian owners manual PDF :)

Axman
Vorname: Axel

Beitrag von Axman »

Hi all,

does it have to be in English?? I think there is one in German (sorry, I´m talking about a service-manual for the 05-and onward BT1100)
So, if German is ok, send me a "pn"

Greets

Axman
...es ist ein Zeichen von Intelligenz seine Grenzen zu kennen..

darkforce

Beitrag von darkforce »

Ok so ive found an english Repair shop service manual for 2005 models, its sent to admin for uploading.

JörgG
Vorname: Jörg
Beitrag von JörgG »

the english servicemanual for a 2005er BT1100 are online .

downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=56

Thanks to per from bt1100.se
Das Leben besteht nicht nur aus "Wünsch dir Was" und einige Entscheidungen sollten einfach akzeptiert werden.

Der schlimmste Fehler, den man im Leben machen kann, ist ständig zu befürchten, dass man einen macht.
– Elbert Hubbard (1856-1915), The Note Book

Nix

Beitrag von Nix »

Hi eveyone - just bought my BT1100 Bulldog yesterday! Looking to download the English service manual but this link (above) appears not to be active, is there another link on the site I can try?
Many thanks and looking forward to being a member on the site! :-D

JörgG
Vorname: Jörg

Beitrag von JörgG »

Well nix i must change the settings please try it again ....
and use this link: Bulldog-Book >2005
Das Leben besteht nicht nur aus "Wünsch dir Was" und einige Entscheidungen sollten einfach akzeptiert werden.

Der schlimmste Fehler, den man im Leben machen kann, ist ständig zu befürchten, dass man einen macht.
– Elbert Hubbard (1856-1915), The Note Book
Antworten