Get fit - why?

You can post all funny things here during the winter period. This section will be cleared automatically after 20 days.

Topic author
Big Ade
Vorname: Ade

Get fit - why?

Beitrag von Big Ade »

Why are other people so concerned about how I look and what I do? It doesn't bother me at all. I'm happy to live the way I do and enjoy nice food, good beer, fine whiskey, fast rides and afternoon knaps. So here are some thoughts.

Walking can add minutes to your life. This enables you at 85 years old to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at £4,000 per month.

My granddad started walking five miles a day when he was 60. He’ll be 97 years old now and we haven’t a clue where he is.

Don't get me wrong I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.

The only reason I would now take up walking is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.

If I have to walk I try to do it early in the morning, before my brain figures out what I'm doing.

I joined a health club last year, spent about £400. Haven't lost a pound; apparently you have to go there.

Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with beer.

The only advantage of exercising every day is that when you die, they'll say, 'Well, he looks good doesn't he.'

If you fancy winter sports and you are going to try cross-country skiing, start with a small country.

We all get heavier as we get older, it’s because there's a lot more information in our heads. That's an irrefutable fact

If ever I start thinking too much about how I look, I just find a Happy Hour pub and by the time I leave, I always look just fine.

So there you have it, pay no attention to anyone, live life as you want it to be and enjoy all your waking minutes because they will not be renewed (unless you know any different).

Cheers

Ade

Blubber
Vorname: Ralf

Re: Get fit - why?

Beitrag von Blubber »

Well said, my friend :-)
Meine Meinung steht fest - bitte verwirren Sie mich nicht
mit Tatsachen !

davemike
Vorname: david

Re: Get fit - why?

Beitrag von davemike »

Just read this ade love it, a man with my way of thinking. And a beer drinker real ale i hope. All the best. Dave.
Antworten