Light

whatever you want to say about the technology

Topic author
John w

Light

Beitrag von John w »

Hi Everyone,

I have replaced the headlamp bulb. I now have some light shining up behind the screen, in front of the speedo. I have taken the headlamp unit apart and re-assembled it several times but the light still shines through. Has anyone else had this problem?
I cannot remember if it was like this before I replaced the bulb.
I guess I could just fit a small foam strip to block the light, but I just wondered if it is a common problem.

:glasses2: I tried wearing 'cool' shades to stop the light but it's so difficult to see in the dark!

Cheers ~ John w

Axman
Vorname: Axel

Beitrag von Axman »

Hi John,

hmm, you always come up with the * questions.. :wink: I really couldn´t tell you whether there is light coming through the gap...at least it hasn´t bothered me yet..

But the next time I´m in the garage (yes Martha...it´s about 6 km´s from the house) I´ll test it and let you know...

Is there any chance of you putting the bulb in upside down..?? (sorry :-D )

Cheers

Axman

Topic author
John w

Beitrag von John w »

Hi Axman,

The bulb is the right way up. I don't think it will fit in any other way. I will have to take it apart again now you have suggested this!

John w

Axman
Vorname: Axel

Beitrag von Axman »

Hi John,

don´t do it (take the thing apart again)....it was meant as a joke :oops:

I´ve been in the garage and I too can see a little bit of light coming through the gap between the headlamp and the screen.....but only if I stand up on the pegs...anyway, it´s not bothersome....or it might be, now that you pointed it out :?

Cheers

Axman

Topic author
John w

Beitrag von John w »

Axman,

Sorry to point it out. I hope it doesn't annoy you too much. I expect you will keep looking at it from now on!

I promise not to mention the rattling sound that I can hear coming from the........ :-#

John w
Antworten