[Forum] >>  Archive  >> English Forum  >> English General Forum  >> Small-Talk
Click to view full story of "TT 2022"

Big Ade: TT 2022 (Mittwoch 15. Juni 2022, 17:32)

First, Michael sorry we missed you and your son, the ferry was late leaving Liverpool and some a'hole had put their yacht in the way when we arrived at Douglas so a further delay to disembark.

Back from TT 2022 after 8 days of unbelievable racing. Some sad moments too but the racers agree that the danger is what they sign up to and they know that the penalty for mistakes at 160mph to over 200mph on public roads with trees, walls and steel posts will be very bad if not fatal as was the case.

These racers are modern day gladiators. No words can describe the experience it is truly fantastic, look on YouTube to get an idea. Add to that the social side, Busheys was awesome with some great bands on and plenty of food vendors. On top of that there are some terrific roads, no speed limit areas and fabulous scenery. Am I selling it? I hope so because this is one thing you must do before you die.

My son's friend wants to buy my dog. After 17 years I think it's time for it to go to a new home. If I had known I was going to do that I would not have bought a new £450 helmet and £300 two piece suit (although they were both very effective on NC500, it rained).

So now instead of struggling to lift a leg over my bike I will be struggling to lower and raise myself out of an MX5 (thinking of a supercharger for it now).

I keep looking at the forum and maybe one day I can make Treffen once more.

Everybody stay safe, be healthy and be lucky.

Cheers

Ade

WullDee: Re: TT 2022 (Mittwoch 15. Juni 2022, 19:57)

Ade,
you know having had a Dog still keeps you in the community which more and more transforms into "Bulldog & Friends".
Have always a safe ride with that japanese car most likely only built for annoying european buyers.

Black Dog: Re: TT 2022 (Dienstag 21. Juni 2022, 16:31)

Hi Ade,
I'm absolutely with you - an experience me and my son son will never forget. It was truly sad this year reflecting the lethal accidents. But I'm with you - the racers very well know what they are doing. The Paddock was truly amazing - free entrance all the day and you could small talk to the mechanics and riders.

The Isle is really beautiful, nice scenery and beaches. It was stunning to race the One-Way-Mountain-Road at your own limits. I'm getting older - my son sniffed me and has gained half a mile from Ramsey to Bungalow (we both have the same bike and setup) ;-)

Busheys area was great, good food and bands. Our B&B also was great (King's Guesthouse) beside Queens Pub at the beach. Have you ever been at the tiny Burger Hut at the parking lot at Laxey Wheel? Best bacon Cheeseburger we had for years!

Blubber: Re: TT 2022 (Donnerstag 23. Juni 2022, 14:45)

Dear Ade,
I am happy that I got to know in your early days at the BOC meetings. Always good fun with you and little Ade :-D You know you are always welcome at
coming meetings. 

Sad to read the stories about the fatalities at the TT. :cry: but thats the way it is!

For me it sounds like a wise decision to go 4 wheels in the future and as it seems your dog has found a good home it is even better!

Take care and stay safe

Blubber

Eddie: Re: TT 2022 (Sonntag 26. Juni 2022, 18:24)

Ade, sad to hear, you want to retire from biking, but glad, you want to drive a MX-5.

My wife and I are great fans of this famous roadster. Doro buys her MX-5 RF two years ago, after eight years of driving a MX-5 NC.
A car, without any problems and bundle of joy.

Have fun and I hope, you visit a "Treffen" next time.

Greets, Eddie

Big Ade: Re: TT 2022 (Donnerstag 14. Juli 2022, 13:11)

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments, I suppose it is just part of coming to terms with age and recognising hazards that I previously never even considered and these would now have significant impact on my remaining days. Both my mother and father lived to be 99 so I've got the genes but my life has been very much kinder than the world that they had to endure. I have had a life of very good and comfortable living, rich food, strong drink, sedentary work style and a misguided belief in eternal life.

David is hoping to convince his biking pals (including the one who bought my dog) to make the next Treffen. I would like to go too but I will be in the Mazda. It would be great to see you all again and in between time I will try and learn some conversational German to practise on you.

As always be healthy, be safe and be lucky.

Ade

nissbird: Re: TT 2022 (Donnerstag 21. Juli 2022, 13:20)

Good luck Ade