[Forum] >>  Archive  >> English Forum  >> English General Forum  >> Small-Talk
 [1]   [2

Click to view full story of "New member"

Jelvin: New member (Sonntag 12. April 2015, 17:25)

Hi, my name's Mike and I've just bought a Bulldog (which looking around the forums used to belong to Phil, Nissbird in Hereford). I realise that I'm a bit late to the party here and hadn't heard of the Bulldog until about a month ago but looking forward to learning as much as I can from the forum members. I'm in Cornwall by the way.

Krock: Re: New member (Sonntag 12. April 2015, 19:48)

Hi

Welcolm to the forum. Its a bit slow on the forum just now but it picks up as folk wake up from winter slumber

Cheers

Krock

WullDee: Re: New member (Sonntag 12. April 2015, 21:36)

Hi Mike,
welcome to the board - always a safe ride!

Big Ade: Re: New member (Montag 13. April 2015, 20:39)

Mike

The bike you have was well sorted by Philip and you should get many years of excellent service from it. The Bulldog is a very underrated piece of kit, bullet proof Japanese motor, Italian frame, R1 stoppers and a sweet sounding exhaust. It is not a poor man's Harley it is way better than the lardarse yankee slug. By the way have you noticed that Harley and Gold Wing riders never nod back.

Warm welcome to the fold and enjoy your dog. There is lots of good stuff on this forum and some terrific people here to help you when you need it.

Be lucky, ride safe.

Ade

Jelvin: Re: New member (Dienstag 14. April 2015, 00:34)

Hi Guys,

thanks for the welcome. Ade, I really like what Philip did to the pipes on mine and looking around at his previous posts it all seems to have been well sorted. I've been away from my bike for nearly two years (long story moved back down here from Scotland, still looking for a place, bike and a lot of our gear still in storage 600 miles away) and just couldn't go another summer without a ride. Fell in love with the Bulldog at first sight, loved the shaft, the big straightforward V and the nice wide bars to keep the weight off my aging wrists and shoulders Looking forward to many a happy mile. Only thing I'm wanting to do at the moment is fit some bar end mirrors..........I'm fairly wide so I'm used to only seeing my shoulders or elbows,

Cheers

Mike

linus: Re: New member (Dienstag 14. April 2015, 15:33)

hello mike,
welcome from the "Sauerland"!!!

greetings linus

hotdog: Re: New member (Dienstag 14. April 2015, 16:23)

Hi Jelvin/Mike,
welcome to the board and enjoy your Dog.

Greetings from the Netherlands.

Big Ade: Re: New member (Mittwoch 15. April 2015, 17:07)

Mike

I too am of the wider persuasion and have a fine pair of shoulders (show 'em off lad, show 'em off) and the standard wimpy stalks on the dog do let you admire your own magnificence. However such vanity is impractical when you are keeping an eye out for any blue lights so, fit the mirrors intended for the Virago because they have longer stalks. Job done and quite cheap too.

My son has had some black heave weight hoodies printed up with the dog and stuff. When I get someone to help me with the techie stuff I will post a pic. (£35 plus postage any size) he is also going to get some T shirts done too.

Cheers bud.

Ade

Jelvin: Re: New member (Freitag 17. April 2015, 23:12)

Again thanks for the welcomes. Ade, I've a friend with a Virago who's going to pop round at the weekend and let me try his mirrors for fit and I'll go from there. Had a Speed Triple a while back with bar end mirrors that I really liked so I'll see which I prefer.

WullDee: Re: New member (Samstag 18. April 2015, 00:49)

Hey Mike,
I've seen Phil's dog in Switzerland but I really can't remember the mirrors and mirror arms.
There are lots of dogs with bar end mirrors, but somehow the gallery doesn't work the way I expect it since the last update.
Another alternative would be mounting the arms of "American Oval" mirrors available at www.louis.de
Try a look in my album "Umbauten": http://forum.bulldog-bt1100.de/app.php/gallery/album/876

[1]   [2]