[Forum] >>  Archive  >> English Forum  >> English General Forum  >> BT1100-Forum
 [1]   [2

Click to view full story of "New Bulldog owner in Croatia !"

Ico: New Bulldog owner in Croatia ! (Sonntag 7. September 2008, 11:44)

Hello !

Greetings everbody !

I am Ivo, from Croatia,22 yr. old med student.

I am just selling my Kawasaki Z750, only 8 months old and i have paid in advance for a mint condition Bulldog from 2004 with only 16300km.

Kawasaki just aint my style. :?
I like V motors and many ccm.

So I fell in love with Bulldog :-D
When i test rode my future motorcyle i had such a big smile on my face, and the feeling was so much different than my Kawasaki.

The Bulldog that I am buying has leather on tank and Serdarevič exhshaust (from Croatia). Its a good exhaust but im think about getting Akrapovič some day :-D

Anyway, I am really happy to find this forum as i have lot of questions about Bulldog
Cheers thumbup.gif

P.S.
I heard that Bulldog has the starter clutch problem, that this was also problem in Dragstar 1100. Is that true ???

Lukka: (Sonntag 7. September 2008, 23:51)

Hi Ico,

you ´re are welcome at this forum and you may have a very
good time here.

GID: (Montag 8. September 2008, 00:00)

hey ico,

also a cordial welcome from the center of Germany! are 2009 meet the next large in the alps. go past!

WullDee: (Montag 8. September 2008, 00:41)

Hi ico,
a very warm welcome to you.
Well chosen: ordering a Bulldog and joining this forum!
You'll see, there are a lot of valuable and priceless informations inside.
And as GID already mentioned, the next International Bulldog Meeting (the 6th) will be held somewhere in the Alps area. Further informations will follow as soon as the organisation team has finished its preparations.

BTW:
Which region do you come from in Croatia?

Ico: (Montag 8. September 2008, 00:56)

Thnx everbody :thumbleft:

I come from Rijeka, North-western part (near Opatija and Istra Peninsula)

The forum is great, i found much info :)

I will post you tube link and some pic of my Bulldog when it arrives.

Cheers

Luzy: (Montag 8. September 2008, 08:26)

Hi Ivo,

http://img125.echo.cx/img125/8038/01welcome7jb.gif

I wish you a great time with your Bulldog!

Axman: (Montag 8. September 2008, 09:36)

Hi Ivo,

great choice...if you are really into V2`s and have no racing ambitions you´ll never regret it. If you activate the "Englisches Forum"-button you´ll find, that most questions you may have, have already been answered. And if not, you are welcome to ask..

And about the "starter-clutch-problem"...there is none.. :shock:

If I remember correctly there were only two starter clutch failures...and they were probably caused by unproper starting procedure. As we have two cylinders with comparatively big pistons and high compression, the trick while starting is, to keep the starter-button pressed, till both cylinders fire up..and this may take a little while. If you don´t do it this way and release the starter-button to soon, the engine could kick back and damage the starter-clutch or twist the starter itself.

But this is a very big "could"...the Bulldog is a extremely reliable Motorcycle, even if tuned, as most Buldogs are...at least here in Germany..

Greets

Axman

Ico: (Montag 8. September 2008, 12:43)

Hi Ivo,
And about the "starter-clutch-problem"...there is none.. :shock:

If I remember correctly there were only two starter clutch failures...and they were probably caused by unproper starting procedure. As we have two cylinders with comparatively big pistons and high compression, the trick while starting is, to keep the starter-button pressed, till both cylinders fire up..and this may take a little while. If you don´t do it this way and release the starter-button to soon, the engine could kick back and damage the starter-clutch or twist the starter itself.

Axman

Thnx.

I read this advice on techinal froum after i posted the question.
Anyway, as you said, most if the info i need is already posted. The engine tuning part is most interesting as I appreciate extra power only when i overtake cars and trucks.

As for style of riding..
I realized a need a V twin motorcycle while i was driving my Kawa. I was constantly switching to higher gear so i can ride my bike on low RPMs, just opposite how it should be done on Z750. Only then the bike was relaxing to me. Z750 totally goes mad when above 9 000 RPM.

Apart from that, i rarely ever rode above 150km/h, only on some strips and flat parts, and it wasn't attractive to me.
Personally, I mostly ride around 100 km/h, the speed and tempo which bulldog can handle no problem.

And also the thing i respect mostly about this bike is sound.
Is just awesome :-D

And the look of the bike is :rockout2:

Mitja: Re: New Bulldog owner in Croatia ! (Freitag 16. Januar 2009, 17:10)

Pozdrav iz Rijeke...

Hi from Rijeka. Happy to find another Bulldog owner in our town..

stoppelhopser: (Freitag 16. Januar 2009, 17:30)

Hi there and welcome!

Greetings from Essen, Germany

[1]   [2]