[Forum] >>  Archive  >> English Forum  >> English General Forum  >> BT1100-Forum
 [1]   [2

Click to view full story of "Hello! New Owner of a 13 year old bike!"

colruddock: Hello! New Owner of a 13 year old bike! (Dienstag 28. Juni 2016, 16:04)

Afternoon everyone....

Bought my Bulldog last week. It's not standard and I hope to tweak some of the touches to my own taste over time, the exhausts are crazy loud (I have the standard ones too, but they're a bit too quiet).

It's been painted in a Volkswagen colour which I really like.

The engine and engine mounts are a bit scruffy, as are a few other bits.... To be expected on a bike it's age I think. I will hopefully do something with that over winter though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/thejudderman/IMG_0819.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/thejudderman/IMG_0818.jpg

Added in 1 hour 6 minutes 57 seconds:
Oh, if anyone has a standard screen they wish to sell, please let me know, I'd like a lower profile screen on the front. The one that's on it is good for miles, but I don't really like how it looks. Thanks

linus: Re: Hello! New Owner of a 13 year old bike! (Dienstag 28. Juni 2016, 16:55)

Hello, welcome from the "Sauerland" and have a great time with the dog
Greetings Linus

Von unterwegs mit meiner Teufelsmaschine!

ff007: Re: Hello! New Owner of a 13 year old bike! (Dienstag 28. Juni 2016, 21:46)

Very Nice Bike and welcome

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Blubber: Re: Hello! New Owner of a 13 year old bike! (Sonntag 3. Juli 2016, 18:30)

Evening Colin

Welcome to the world best Bulldog Forum.
For the screen you might contact member Guido: gv 66 . He sells parts and many more.

Have fun

Ralf

colruddock: Re: Hello! New Owner of a 13 year old bike! (Montag 4. Juli 2016, 13:21)

Thank you for the welcome.

Thanks for the info on the screen Ralf, I'll see if I can track him down.

Krock: Re: Hello! New Owner of a 13 year old bike! (Freitag 8. Juli 2016, 21:08)

Hi Colin

Welcome to the site. Not many of us in the UK. Where do you live?

Cheers

Kevin

Ralle: Re: Hello! New Owner of a 13 year old bike! (Freitag 8. Juli 2016, 23:06)

Dear Colin,
welcome you. Hope you'll have much fun with your Bulldog
Kind Regards
Ralle

Big Ade: Re: Hello! New Owner of a 13 year old bike! (Sonntag 10. Juli 2016, 18:15)

Colin

Welcome to the very discerning and enlightened band of riders, the Bulldog was very much underrated when in production but it is now recognised as a very good bike. That is why they still make over £2,000 for an average example and they are rare, especially in the UK.

This forum is an excellent place for help advice and all things Bulldog. Our German friends are a truly fantastic bunch of blokes (and women too). You should try to make the annual Treffen in Germany it is a very good holiday and biking experience.

Be lucky and ride safe.

Adian

colruddock: Re: Hello! New Owner of a 13 year old bike! (Samstag 16. Juli 2016, 22:30)

Thanks again....

Kevin - I'm up near Skipton, North Yorks.

Picked the bike up from a fella far side of Hull, had looked at another one over near Lancaster.

It's a non original colour of course, and was registered new elsewhere in the UK first according to the book. But despite those things that might put folk off I decided to take the plunge on this one.

Came with the original exhausts and mirrors. I'd like to source an original rear mudguard (that the plate mounts to) and fly screen.

My rear guard's been cut down, which I like, but I'd like to source the original parts to keep as spares.

It'll need a good going over at some point in my ownership. Refinish the engine out of the frame, new bolts and fasteners etc, but mechanically its grand.

I've admired the 'dog from afar for years (Buell XB12S are my other 'really, really, really want to own one' bikes) and I can't see me ever parting with it now I have one.

WullDee: Re: Hello! New Owner of a 13 year old bike! (Samstag 16. Juli 2016, 23:56)

Hi Colin,
XB12 is one of my favourites too, but however only as a second one next to the dog.
The current tail looks to have an angle more than 30% which is not allowed in Germany and looks kind of strange.
But I highly recommend not to get back to the original one, just try to find another solution (everything is better than the original).
I modified my dog's tail by using the original parts, can provide you a PDF in case it is not in the download section.
Welcome to the dog and the board!

[1]   [2]