[Forum] >>  Archive  >> English Forum  >> English General Forum  >> BT1100-Forum
Click to view full story of "Hi! New Bulldog owner....."

Doc44: Hi! New Bulldog owner..... (Dienstag 7. Juni 2016, 22:21)

Hi folks,
Just bought a Bulldog recently and very pleased with it. Any other UK owners active on this forum? I have an exxhaust question - which aftermarket mufflers have a good reputation for value and an increase in power?
Cheers.

hotdog: Re: Hi! New Bulldog owner..... (Mittwoch 8. Juni 2016, 09:12)

Hi Jim,
Welkom from Holland to UK.
Wish you much fun with the Bulldog and here on the Forum.

"Ride safe"

BullUG: Re: Hi! New Bulldog owner..... (Mittwoch 8. Juni 2016, 16:10)

hello and Jim

blechi: Re: Hi! New Bulldog owner..... (Mittwoch 8. Juni 2016, 16:50)

moin moin Jim,

and have fun with the Bulldog

WullDee: Re: Hi! New Bulldog owner..... (Mittwoch 8. Juni 2016, 18:57)

Hi Jim,
welcome to the Bulldog and the board.
There are some british Bulldog riders here, John W, Mick P, Big Ade, Jake to name only a few.

I personally own BOS exhaust, but there is a wide variety of makes throughout the used exhausts.
Regarding "reputation" and "increase of power" you will surely get to the Akrapovic at the end, but they are quite expensive.

Luzy: Re: Hi! New Bulldog owner..... (Samstag 11. Juni 2016, 07:03)

http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Schilder/welcome2.gif from the black forrest...

Doc44: Re: Hi! New Bulldog owner..... (Sonntag 12. Juni 2016, 11:42)

Thanks for the replies. Has anyone heard what SP Engineering exhausts are like?

Big Ade: Re: Hi! New Bulldog owner..... (Sonntag 19. Juni 2016, 21:00)

Jim
Where are you in the UK?
There are precious few Bulldog riders in this country so you are amongst a select and discerning minority.
I am just back from Isle of Man TT and saw only 3 other Bulldogs, two belonged to our German friends form the forum and the other a complete stranger (was it you?).
The Bulldog is not a café racer/naked sports/Buell or Monster basher so once you accept that you will be very pleased with its performance.
If you are looking for more guts the first thing to do is remove the restrictors from the carbs to let the engine breath. Then fit an Allen jet set to richen the mixture along with a K&N filter and a more open full flow exhaust system, any new cans are way lighter, louder and less restrictive than the standard mufflers. Then you will have a massively different bike that will red line if you let it (but don't).
Be lucky and ride safe my friend
Big Ade

dekicook: Re: RE: Re: Hi! New Bulldog owner..... (Sonntag 19. Juni 2016, 22:18)

Jim
Where are you in the UK?
There are precious few Bulldog riders in this country so you are amongst a select and discerning minority.
I am just back from Isle of Man TT and saw only 3 other Bulldogs, two belonged to our German friends form the forum and the other a complete stranger (was it you?).
The Bulldog is not a café racer/naked sports/Buell or Monster basher so once you accept that you will be very pleased with its performance.
If you are looking for more guts the first thing to do is remove the restrictors from the carbs to let the engine breath. Then fit an Allen jet set to richen the mixture along with a K&N filter and a more open full flow exhaust system, any new cans are way lighter, louder and less restrictive than the standard mufflers. Then you will have a massively different bike that will red line if you let it (but don't).
Be lucky and ride safe my friend
Big Ade
Hi Jim ,
Welkomen from Serbia to UK

Послато са Lenovo A536 уз помоћ Тапатока

Doc44: Re: Hi! New Bulldog owner..... (Sonntag 19. Juni 2016, 23:04)

Hi Ade. I am based in Hastings down south, wasn't me in the IOM unfortunately. My other bike is a Vmax but I prefer my recently aquired BT so the Max is on it's way. Not after speed, although if a little more power can be coaxed out why not, but happy with the laid back and comfortable ride. Plan to keep this bike for a while. Cheers.