[Forum] >>  Archive  >> English Forum  >> English Technology Forum  >> Tips & Tricks
Click to view full story of "Change odometer from miles to kilometers"

dragomir: Change odometer from miles to kilometers (Dienstag 9. Juni 2009, 13:51)

Can i change the odometer to display from miles to kilometers? Or i have to exchange the all electronics?

Axman: (Dienstag 9. Juni 2009, 14:14)

Hi Dragomir,

that´s no easy feat.. :( .. and can only be done by an authorized Yamaha dealership..To my knowledge they can change it by reprogramming the instrument and no, you don´t have to buy new electronics.. :-D

greets

Axman

dragomir: (Dienstag 9. Juni 2009, 15:21)

Thanks for the information.

Blubber: Re: Change odometer from miles to kilometers (Sonntag 14. Juni 2009, 22:22)

Hello Dragomir,

at our 6th. Intl. meeting we tried to set the clock correctly and by accident we changed from kilometers to miles. This was of course at a model build in 2006.

It was quite easy: press both, the select and reset button, and than turn the key to on.
This will change either from km to miles or vice versa.
Unfortunatel, how this works at a bike from the first series, I don't know.

Best regards

Ralf

Axman: Re: Change odometer from miles to kilometers (Dienstag 16. Juni 2009, 11:50)

Hi Dragomir,

Ralfs info only works on a 2005 and up model...on a pre-2005 model this procedure will only cancel the "oil change" info..sorry

Greets

Axman

dragomir: Re: Change odometer from miles to kilometers (Donnerstag 18. Juni 2009, 08:50)

thanks again for info-- Do 18 Jun 2009, 8:50 --I'd like to ask another question. Can i take electronics from model 2005 and put it in earlier models for example 2003?

Axman: Re: Change odometer from miles to kilometers (Donnerstag 18. Juni 2009, 09:10)

Hi Dragomir,

no, this will not work..or only if you change all the electrics/electronics (Instruments, CDI-Unit, the complete wiring-harness etc..) that´s a lot of work and very expensive parts..

greets

Axman