[Forum] >>  Archive  >> English Forum  >> English Technology Forum  >> Tips & Tricks
 [1]   [2] 

Click to view full story of "Rev and speed limiters"

Anonymous: Gearbox ratios (Dienstag 12. Juni 2007, 22:36)

I think this question has been a subject in this forum before. Anyway, does anybody know if it´s possible to change gearbox ratios in some acceptable way? The shaft, gearbox or is it primary drive wheel and clutsh wheel has to be changed to other size? I like this bike a lot but I am concerned about the engine everytime the rpm goes above 4-5000. It shold be lower rpm at 140 km/h.

Regards from Stockholm, Tomas

Anonymous: (Montag 27. August 2007, 12:22)

Hi to Evrybody !!!
i'm new in the forum !
and i'm from Italy, i must say this is the best forum i found so far about our doggy !!
Sorry very much for my-self for do not understand German !!!!!

Anyway , i'm agry with Snubbe !
The byke should have 6 gear or higher ratio!!!
probably can also be changed the final ratio !!! not the gearbox but the final, if there is any final-ratio !!!!!
Especially after all exhaust change and the carbs modification, the dog ask more for hygher-ratio !!
We all should work for find a solution !!!!

Mick P: (Freitag 31. August 2007, 22:40)

Hi All

Still looking at changing the ratio but so far I have looked into the ratio of most of the shaft drive bikes "Yamaha that is" and it looks like the dog has the best one at the back wheel so that looks like an of the shelf final drive is not going to happen, most of the other bikes get there speed via higher motor rpm and with straight four and v four motor this is not so hard, but I think the dragstar with the same motor is worse off than us. So I think it has to be 6 gears or the primary drive to do the middle gear all the motor has to come apart the same with 6 gears but just the side with primary gear I had hoped to pull a spare motor apart this winter but I will have to wait and see if I have time but I am still working on it

any info would be helpful

Regards Mick P

[1]   [2]