[Forum] >>  Archive  >> English Forum  >> English Technology Forum  >> Engine
Click to view full story of "Problems what I find on my bulldog and some solutions"

Anonymous: Problems what I find on my bulldog and some solutions (Mittwoch 25. Januar 2006, 14:25)

The last problem I find is on plastic cap from left engine side. This cap is use to be able rotating crankshaft during valve setup clearance. Like you see on pictures this cap is made from plastic and cowered with thin film of nical. From some reason this thin film is decided to break in some little parts, and with oil this parts are travel thru engine. For sure some of them will be stopped in oil filter, but who can guarantee to me that this parts are not now in some little oil channels, and waiting to produce big damage?? I am asking for technical support from local (regional) Yamaha dealers, but with no respond. It is maybe known problem, and no one is informed me, is there any patch for this problem (like on windows :) )
There is speaking about bulldog produced in 2001 with number ZD0RP05100000225.

sandro: (Mittwoch 25. Januar 2006, 22:39)

Holy shit, Janko! :shock:
I immediately had a look at the plastic cap of my bulldog - thanks god it is o.k.!
Never heard about this problem before. :?

sandro: (Dienstag 18. April 2006, 23:16)

Hey janko,

look here: http://forum.bulldog-bt1100.de/viewtopic.php?t=3993

sandro

Anonymous: (Mittwoch 19. April 2006, 09:13)

Hey janko,

look here: http://forum.bulldog-bt1100.de/viewtopic.php?t=3993

sandro

My German is not so good, but I understand that you organize production of spare parts :cool: .. I believe that some of us hawed these problems, and Yamaha know for this problem, because you cannot order “old” plastic cap, only new one after modification :shock: .. I decide to clean thin film on nical, and hope it will be OK :wink: .. Davor..

Axman: (Donnerstag 20. April 2006, 09:27)

Hi Janko,

as you have already guessed, Sandro is organizing the production of a new Plug made of Aluminium (instead of Plastic)
The price is going to be ca. 10€ and he is planning to sell this part through the BOC-Shop (look above)

Just change the plug and no more worries about nikal flakes travelling through your oil-channels..

cheers

from the Axman